New Schauldt battery Booster (B2B?)on the way (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@Lenny HB Thanks Lenny,

I had wondered about that or Block 1 Pin 2 (D+ Output)?
upload_2018-7-18_10-21-41.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyroad up, I am really confused now :confused: If the van does not have 'smart alternator' then I agree, what benefit will a B2B give me?
Some but not as much as if you had a van with silly wiring (Brit built).

1. Fit extra battery (agree about the gels but maybe just another AGM for now as the other one is brand new)
An AGM will be about £190, should be able to get 2 Gels for around £280 & sell the AGM. Gels will last 6-10 years, AGM's anything from 18 months.
2. Fit B2B to help with short term power improvement (but now looks like maybe not yet??)
Hold on for now.
3. Fit Solar in a few weeks time but prob going to go with rigid panels on simple frame bonded to raising roof)
Good solution.
I can't believe all the stress this is giving me. In the last two days at home I have fitted a new built in oven, a new cooker hood and a new bath panel (really really fiddley and time consumimg!) ....... you'd think an extra van battery and a B2B (?) would be a doddle :eek:
It's not stress it's man Fun, I'm getting to the point I need a new van run out of mods to do.:D
Oh well, fitting the refillable gas this arvo, how difficult can that be :rolleyes:
Easy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Lenny HB Haha, I need an array or ratings there lenny to include useful, funny and informative all at once!

You are 'twanging' my conscience on the battery thing however. I am still (ish) thinking of Gels but just another quick question, if I fit them and set the EBL to Gel will there be an issue with the van battery being lead acid?

And what about these?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/exide/g80/

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Right then, no further questions on batteries need answering...... for the mo I have simply ordered another like for like (yes I know, GELs will just have to wait till next time, doing something is better than doing nothing and I am taking way too much time on all this!)

:D2

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
@Lenny HB Haha, I need an array or ratings there lenny to include useful, funny and informative all at once!

You are 'twanging' my conscience on the battery thing however. I am still (ish) thinking of Gels but just another quick question, if I fit them and set the EBL to Gel will there be an issue with the van battery being lead acid?

And what about these?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/exide/g80/

Amost the same battery as the Sonnenschein made in the same factory, used to be a Hymer standard fit fit until they changed to crap AGM's. Cab battery will be fine it only receives a trickle charge.
Also if you phone Tayna as they are out of stock of the Sonnenschein they will do a deal on the Exide my mate did that last week.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Deepest condolences I hope they last more than a year.
I wouldn't have thought it worth the risk if you spend most of the time off grid.

Well........................... just when I thought I was safe ...... Tayna rang back and said out of stock of the Varta!

He offered the Exide Gel batteries .................... I am about to order them :cool:

Hey Ho :eek:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
well even that had 'issues' :eek:

so all on 'hold' for now, I'm off to fit the gas :cautious:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've got my 4G 'puck' aerial to fit when the connectors arrive, not going to do it until I can test it first though.
I've just bought one of those and I'm waiting for connectors too:).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I've got my 4G 'puck' aerial to fit when the connectors arrive, not going to do it until I can test it first though.
Aren't they only a single aerial? If so apparently they don't work very well on 4G.

Why did you buy the B2B if you don't really NEED it??? :D[/QUOTE]
Because I could.:)
I thought it would be worthwhile for winter use but with 3 batteries & 300 watts of solar don't really need it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Aren't they only a single aerial? If so apparently they don't work very well on 4G.
This is the same as I bought ...

If it isn't any good when I get the connectors it'll end up on Ebay too! :D

This is a two element puck antenna, called the CMO, incorporating two antenna elements operating from 690-960/1710-2690 MHz for 4G LTE applications. Permanently mount by way of stud underneath and locking nut, this antenna has a gasket underneath that provides a waterproof seal once mounted. The antenna mounts onto a ground plane or metal surface and has one cable for each antenna element. Ideal for Wireless CCTV, security and broadband applications, the CMO offers robust RF performance in a compact package.​

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It is a twin aerial job but gain is 1 db to 3.5db, the 3m of cable will loose 2.4db assuming it's top quality cable.:ROFLMAO:
Just the cables to connect mine cost more than that (£25).
You might be lucky I've found cheap wifi aerials that work well but 4G is a different ball game.

I bought this one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is a twin aerial job but gain is 1 db to 3.5db, the 3m of cable will loose 2.4db assuming it's top quality cable.:ROFLMAO:
Just the cables to connect mine cost more than that (£25).
You might be lucky I've found cheap wifi aerials that work well but 4G is a different ball game.

I bought this one.
Seeing as I have a Three contract I'll mainly get 3G abroad so going for an expensive 4G antenna at the moment doesn't make sense ... we don't often have problems anyway but at the price I paid I thought it was worth a punt. :)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Lenny HB

Oh well, fitting the refillable gas this arvo, how difficult can that be :rolleyes:

Err ................... full of grief! Having only used one of my new Alugas bottles on the van last week I discovered that the gas locker will not fit 2 11kg bottles!! :(:(:(

So the new plan has to be take back one of them and exchange it for a 6kg ...... that'll be a big drive to Thirsk then!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Err ................... full of grief! Having only used one of my new Alugas bottles on the van last week I discovered that the gas locker will not fit 2 11kg bottles!! :(:(:(

So the new plan has to be take back one of them and exchange it for a 6kg ...... that'll be a big drive to Thirsk then!
Sorry, I know I shouldn't give that a funny .... but ....with all the research you've done for the electrical side ... ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

It does say in the spec 1 x 5kg & 1 x 11kg. who's a silly boy then.:ROFLMAO:
I've got 2 x 14kg in mine.:LOL:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Chockswahay ... do you want to borrow my lump hammer ???? :rolleyes:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
As it says 5 & 11 have checked a 6 will fit. If not I'm sure Mel will help you out with her lump hammer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
As it says 5 & 11 have checked a 6 will fit. If not I'm sure Mel will help you out with her lump hammer.
Judging by his post #52 I'm not sure I'll let him near my hammer as it might not be the bottles he uses it on! :Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I'm seeing 27.7A charging my leisure batteries at the moment on the Autoroute following quite a heavy demand night (running a 12v cool box overnight for my Brother in law) one my Euro 6 Ducato PVC with a Shauldt EBL 119 and no Charge booster / b2b Charger.
The charge rate appears to taper off as the battery approaches full
495C551B-E67F-4B8E-8446-EB7D43620087.png

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks @gerry mcg that IS useful to know (y)

For the moment I am just going to see how my (now) twin batteries manage :) before I add any more goodies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back