New - Sawiko Van-Bike 2 - Bike Carrier Using Rear Door Hinges (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
More info.:
  • Its pivoting system allows full opening (90 °) of the rear doors of your van and therefore greatly facilitates access to your interior.
  • It offers you a low loading height, so it is easy to load and unload the bikes without any particular effort.
  • This fixing system allows the VAN-BIKE 2 bike carrier to remain in position on the rear of your vehicle even when it is not loaded.
  • Designed to accommodate 2 electric bikes or 3 to 4 standard bikes with an option, it is also fully foldable when not loaded.
  • Unloaded weight25 kg
    Payload80 kg

Last edited:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Interesting idea, but I do wonder what rating the hinges on a van would be for the loadings of that carrier. But there are others out there, which I think may work out a bit cheaper:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Interesting idea, but I do wonder what rating the hinges on a van would be for the loadings of that carrier. But there are others out there, which I think may work out a bit cheaper:

Sawiko is an Al-Ko Kober brand so would hope that such a reputable company would have done their homework on loading suitability but always worth checking. Lots of other options posted on here including tow bar mounted carriers with some at similar prices (including the Memo Van Star https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/memo-swing-away-bike-foldable-scooter-racks.193007/ ) but they have extra metalwork so can be heavy but posted this one as first time we've seen this type which having no extra heavy metalwork may be helpful to those watching their weight.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Looks quite good. Seems they have to install it for you, which is extra, although the wiring is included in the price.

Would like one or one of the other variants of the racks for a PVC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back