New Registration - How long does it take? (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, our new PVC arrived at the dealers on the 26th July, nearly two weeks ago.
They only had a reverse camera and a second leisure battery to fit, so that shouldn't take that long.
We are being told that we cannot collect it until the DVLA have sent the Reg document out which can take up to 10 days (apparently), so they can tax it.
Is this correct, or are we being fobbed off as they are probably too busy to sort it.
Just thinking that you don't have to wait when buying a new car, is it because it's a PVC, and has to be registered differently?
Just desperate to get our hands on it, yes, we are big kids and carn't wait!!!
Thanks.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I think 10days is ok , got to register from a van to a motor caravan , my v5 came back, following day letter from dvla saying got to send it back, vin number wrong( they missed out a x ) still the new one arrived couple days later all correct !

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Check all the details are correct when you get it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Our pvc took about a week & it was taxed at the same time. There's a dvla website called 'check vehicle tax' where you enter the vehicle registration & can see if the vehicle as been taxed. We received the v5 a day or two after we saw it had been taxed.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Tax would be applied for at the same time as documents would have been issued to DVLA for registration. As mentioned above, check to see if the vehicle is showing as taxed online.

Incidentally and of no help to you, my V5 was received in 5 days of the dealer submitting the paperwork.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Car dealers have a system where they can register online but only a few Motorhome dealers use this service. Normally up to a couple of weeks for a notice of registration to arrive and then DVLA allow 4 weeks from then for the V5, although if often arrives in a couple of days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Just been through this in June. The DVLA take 10 working days from receipt of the docs from the dealer. Then the vehicle is registered so can be taxed. In my case, a paperwork issue caused the DVLA to send docs back to dealer then the 10 days started again. I went home on trade plates. On the 10th day; reg appeared online and the following day, the V5 arrived.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back