New Rapido 10000DFH, Alde Heating 3020/3010 Issues (1 Viewer)

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
I'm a bit confused about the 12v pump option, our circulation pump (top left circle with 2 arrows) automatically comes on when there is demand for heat.

Edit: we haven't got one in the header tank

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I have hot water so i know thats ok, i am assuming if i have selected 3kw on electric i dont need the gas set to on, is this correct?

I will have a look for the other setting you mentioned.
only if you are on ehu ,you dont need both on at the same time

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have hot water so i know thats ok, i am assuming if i have selected 3kw on electric i dont need the gas set to on, is this correct?

I will have a look for the other setting you mentioned.
If you want it to heat up quickly select gas and 240v.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm a bit confused about the 12v pump option, our circulation pump (top left circle with 2 arrows) automatically comes on when there is demand for heat.

i suppose that will depend on the age of your system ,Alde seem to upgrade quite often

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
It does take a while to warm up , if i think im going to need heating whilst i drive i turn the heat exchanger on ,the control is at the side of the steering column ,there is also a fan unit under the seat next to the galley ,thats the booster unit and can be turned on from the square panel
Ah so i do have the heat exchanger as i have a control by the right of the steering, so if this is set to high then there is heat going into the back of the MH, i have found the blower under the L shape seats, i can get this to work ok.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
If you want it to heat up quickly select gas and 240v.

Martin
I dont have an option for 240v, i can do the gas though so will try that tomorrow.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Ah so i do have the heat exchanger as i have a control by the right of the steering, so if this is set to high then there is heat going into the back of the MH, i have found the blower under the L shape seats, i can get this to work ok.
The heat exchanger is Brill ,wack it up ,you can feel the heat on the soles of your feet

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

That's because you have set it to be controlled by the the thermostat so the boiler runs hot and the pump cycles as you say "on demand" there is also an option for continuous pump operation and the heating is regulated by regulating the boiler temperature so you get even more even heating with no on/off cycles But on ours certainly you don't have continuous HOT water only at the temperature set by the thermostat.

Martin

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
I'll leave this to the laird as he's got a Rapido so his controls will be more likely to be like yours.
Good luck and enjoy your lovely van.(y)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I'll leave this to the laird as he's got a Rapido so his controls will be more likely to be like yours.
Good luck and enjoy your lovely van.(y)
appreciate your help

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
It takes a bit of getting used too , i only realise how much i forgot on handover when i went to try it all out , one to remember is the dump valve ,its under the sink unit , you can make ice with the freezer on gas setting

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
It takes a bit of getting used too , i only realise how much i forgot on handover when i went to try it all out , one to remember is the dump valve ,its under the sink unit , you can make ice with the freezer on gas setting
i rememberd the dump valve for the alde however i forgot where the fresh water tap was and went hunting, found it in teh garage behind a board at the back which nearly sliced my hand off trying to pull everything back to get in there. Most stupidist place ever for a fresh water tap. Still i am learning:)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i rememberd the dump valve for the alde however i forgot where the fresh water tap was and went hunting, found it in teh garage behind a board at the back which nearly sliced my hand off trying to pull everything back to get in there. Most stupidist place ever for a fresh water tap. Still i am learning:)
oh yes that one is a sod to get to ,i still find things like bleed valves for the heating system , have you put self levelling jacks on yours?

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
oh yes that one is a sod to get to ,i still find things like bleed valves for the heating system , have you put self levelling jacks on yours?
Mick from SAP did my E&P's last week, went to get it Friday, where i live at the side of my house is on an incline so they wouldnt level on there own. Once i made up some blocks to put under them (18mm ply with 3x2 screwed to them, Mick gave me the info). I can now level using manual at home. The wheels are quite a way off the floor though on one side.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Mick from SAP did my E&P's last week, went to get it Friday, where i live at the side of my house is on an incline so they wouldnt level on there own. Once i made up some blocks to put under them (18mm ply with 3x2 screwed to them, Mick gave me the info). I can now level using manual at home. The wheels are quite a way off the floor though on one side.
the jacks are IMHO the best extra that i bought ,if im on grass i put the jacks down ,i use spreaders under them,so far ive not got stuck on a grass field as you dont get the indentation from them ,i parked it up in Galloway a couple of weeks back and a tugger just looked as the jacks came down and said with a grin on his face" you know how to make a guy envious dont you "

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
the jacks are IMHO the best extra that i bought ,if im on grass i put the jacks down ,i use spreaders under them,so far ive not got stuck on a grass field as you dont get the indentation from them ,i parked it up in Galloway a couple of weeks back and a tugger just looked as the jacks came down and said with a grin on his face" you know how to make a guy envious dont you "
What type of spreaders? may need some if i am on grass.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What type of spreaders? may need some if i am on grass.
Some people use a block of celotex foam insulation with a bit of ply stuck either side, I made some by stacking and glueing a couple of bits of 18mm ply and made them about 300mm square if you want them higher just screw a few lengths of 45x45 on top, you could of course buy the fancy plastic ones that are just made for the job.

Martin

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Some people use a block of celotex foam insulation with a bit of ply stuck either side, I made some by stacking and glueing a couple of bits of 18mm ply and made them about 300mm square if you want them higher just screw a few lengths of 45x45 on top, you could of course buy the fancy plastic ones that are just made for the job.

Martin
So the ones i have made may do the job,they are a little bulky though but good for very uneven ground.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@zac please give our condolences to Salli on the loss of her mother.

Hope you get your motorhome problems sorted out, rather too high tec for us with our old Hymer! But plenty of experts in here to help.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
@zac please give our condolences to Salli on the loss of her mother.

Hope you get your motorhome problems sorted out, rather too high tec for us with our old Hymer! But plenty of experts in here to help.
I certainly will Judith. I am thinking it is just me and it is working but didnt know that till the folks on here helped. Always a wealth of information.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Parked next to your van at SAP earlier this week @zac , very impressive looking van . Ours looked tiny next to it !

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Well I think the heating is working as set it over night to 14 and it is warm in this morning. I think I was expecting instant heat but I can get that from the blow heater under the seat till it warms up. First outing end of week so will soon find out for sure. The underfloor heating is amazing. Makes our Delaware seem more like a bloody fridge lol.

Thanks for all the replies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back