New Pioneer Sat Nav 2016 (1 Viewer)

Jun 28, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 680G
Exp
We have the new Pioneer Sat Nav and we can't hear it when driving along with the road noise.
Tried using the manual but it will not go any higher.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Have you got balance/fader set? Loudness? Is ther an impedance setting for speakers? Max volume setting?

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
We had this issue - couldn't hear the sat nav though the radio volume was fine. Then noticed a blue shape in the top right hand corner of the navigation screen. Clicking on this gives a screen with a volume slider control at the bottom, which controls sat nav volume.
Hope this helps!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
My kenwood sat nav, radio,cd player DVD player make me a cuppa is the same. Will look out for the blue shape.

OP
OP
BandB
Jun 28, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 680G
Exp
WE haven't got a blue shape anywhere. We have searched. We are going to ring Pioneer so will let you know how we get on.

Thanks for your help.

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Cozy Buz,
We have just acquired a Pioneer AVH X5800DAB model with our new Burstner MH. Was so glad when we got it because of the DAB, but now not so sure. It has a fantastic number of menus but I can't even get it to search for a location by postcode, no camp site locations and the only choice of dimensions is to choose "Lorry" from the menu. I found location by co-ordinates once, but not since.
So I think I will continue to carry our Garmin Camper GPS which has its moments, but is dedicated to giving you a route -not radio, CD/DVD, USB, Bluetooth, reversing camera as well! Who wants to be struggling with multiple menus when you're driving a "Lorry"?
I will say though that I did find the blue lozenge shape discussed earlier in the top RH corner of the screen - in satnav view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Hi ian4apenny,

We found that to search by postcode you have to enter the postcode into the Town field when you Create Route or use the Find function.

Our dealer had set up a new vehicle profile for the motorhome - though we managed to delete it by accident! We set up a new one by modifying the lorry profile with our dimensions - hope that was the right profile to edit! - we could perhaps have edited the car profile instead... I guess it depends upon what restrictions are applied to each profile type.

Haven't looked for campsite locations - if they're in there I would think they'd be as Points of Interest - but I suspect they may not be included.

Glad you found the blue lozenge! I was struggling to decide how to describe it - a blue square or circle would've been so much easier! :)

We only found out how to get the DAB stations working today!!

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you Alcemi, it will be a real leap forward using postcodes. And I will try the lorry profile again with MH dimensions.
Thanks again.
Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back