New owners (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Has anyone got any stats about the number of MHs bought in the uk last year compared the previous ? It seems to me that there’s a few new members in here every day

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I guess they never read the post and only the title.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Jewellbags , I think that’s a great question (one I can’t answer)
but i’m confused with f6c / @davidbaldam‘s replies ( am I missing something’s? )
No they were!!!! I don't know if there are more purchasers at the moment but have heard stories of bigger discounts on some makes where they have been in stock for a while so I suspect not. Maybe the forum is getting more popular.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
New vehicles should be trackable, but lots like me buy preloved vehicles (second-hand/thirdhand/used) to the no so sensitive

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
New vehicles should be trackable, but lots like me buy preloved vehicles (second-hand/thirdhand/used) to the no so sensitive
But assuming that the number scrapped is about the same every year the number of new ones registered gives a good idea of how many are in use/how popular MH are. We bought 2nd hand for our first it was a good move and gave us a good idea what we wanted when we bought our current one new nearly 6 years ago it still suits us now.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I don't think the increase in new members is much to do with the number of vans purchased, more to do with the name getting out and about. We certainly push it wherever we are, always have a bunch of intro cards, and no doubt the recent introduction of the on-line mag has much to do with it - presumably Jim would have some statistics on that score.

However we're still surprised at the number of motorhomers we come across who have "never heard of" MotorhomeFun.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
What about all the heart-breaking ones that are parked up for years 'in storage' going green and rotting quietly. I get sad every time I see one :cry:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What about all the heart-breaking ones that are parked up for years 'in storage' going green and rotting quietly. I get sad every time I see one :cry:
Me too although I often wonder if they can't face getting rid because of the happy memories.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Or could simply have been "forgotten about" e.g. owners died rellies not even aware? Our storage yard has had a few of those. Watched an old T2 VW rot away beyond help until it finally went to the scrapyard up the road after owner couldn't be traced.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back