New owner in with a US C-Class in Spain (1 Viewer)

simonmd

Free Member
Dec 8, 2013
SE Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie-ish
Have recently taken the plunge and bought myself my first RV. She is a 1994 24ft Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher on the Ford E350 chassis with the 460 V8 (7.5lt) engine :whatthe:. Does have LPG fortunately which makes the running costs a 'bit' more bearable anyway. She's very much a project, having been left standing for over two years in an open compound in Southern Spain after the previous owner had health problems and i'm afraid to say the the rubber roof has suffered quite badly, looking like it was peeled open with a tin opener at the rear! However, although it leaks like a colander right now and there was a considerable amount of water damage inside, it's mostly cosmetic and is salvageable. The rest of the vehicle seems pretty good however, the engine starts easily and is smooth and the rig managed a not inconsiderable drive of nearly 400 miles after collecting and fitting a new battery. I've not had a chance to test the LPgas system yet (separate built in for cooking, heating, etc.) but most of the electrics seem fine and even has a built in generator which fires up easily as well.

This may be my first motorhome but I have spent the last few years working with boats and have owned a couple of caravans in the past as well, so am no stranger to working with a mixture or AC and DC power, invertors, pumped water systems, etc. and yes, finding leaks. However, I'm sure there will still be some new things that I will be unfamiliar with and after searching a few things on Google this site kept coming up so thought it may be wise to join!

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Yep, I am a learner too and there is a wealth of knowledge among the members here and along with searchable previous threads on many subjects I have learned a lot. Hope your project goes well. Like a house you need a good foundation and a serviceable roof, bits in between are a matter of taste.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i'm afraid to say the the rubber roof has suffered quite badly, looking like it was peeled open with a tin opener at the rear! However, although it leaks like a colander right now and there was a considerable amount of water damage inside!

You are very brave, but what satisfaction when you get it fixed. Hopefully you got it very cheap.

OP
OP
simonmd

simonmd

Free Member
Dec 8, 2013
SE Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie-ish
Yes I did get it very cheap, that's why I bit the bullet and decided to take a punt on it. Spent today doing some more cleaning, washing curtains and generally sorting out all the junk in various lockers and then the priority will be to try and get the roof done before next weekend when it is forcast to rain......

Hi and welcome to the Fun from chilly Spain too! :thumb:

:flyingwelcome:
Hi there, yes it is a bit chilly but at least a nice temp when youre working, much better than doing things in summer! I actually stopped in Denia during the week to visit friends and then went through Valencia to fill up with LPG on my way back towards Amposta. Was lovely down there, T shirt weather towards the end of the week!

I've attached a couple of pics of the beast, or the 'Dampervan' as I've come to know it!

Attachments

• P1030061.jpg
    P1030061.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030060.jpg
    P1030060.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi welcome to fun, been nice here in Javea, but they say rain on Wednesday, :Sad: still we have to remember it is winter. ::bigsmile:

I was talking to a dutchman on the way down at villanova, and he had an american rv and told me you cannot register or mot them in Spain, and as he can no longer drive it, he has to get someone to drive it back to Holland and get it done, they then bring it back out next winter, he would prefer to store it here in Spain, but its not possible.
Have you looked into the legal side of it before putting loads of money into it. :thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
simonmd

simonmd

Free Member
Dec 8, 2013
SE Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie-ish
Not going to be permanently based here, if needs be I can register it in France if I have to or I may just flip it for a profit once I've got her up to standard, we'll see.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya Simon, quite a project but should be rewarding . Loads more advice available on the MHFun sister site www.rvoc.co.uk which is dedicated to RVs .
Welcome and good luck :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back