New overnighting in Torridge District (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just received an e-mail telling me that Torridge District Council are to allow motorhomes to overnight in several car parks from next March. Just shows what can happen when people make reasonable approaches to councils rather than just complaining :thumb:

Details Broken Link Removed.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Good news and well done to the council involved .The comments from affected parties make interesting reading .The chap who owns a pub and a B & B has twigged that his B&B business wont be affected by the MH overnight parking .His eye seems to be on getting punters in to his pub . I"ve never quite understood how local hotels and B&B s elsewhere believe that business will be taken away from them if MHs are allowed overnight parking .As that pub owner says , its a different type of customer .

The campsite owner , I dont grasp the first part of what she said at all . Second part though ,nearly 30 years of running a campsite and she doesnt understand how a MH can sit on a car park overnight without having electricity or access to water :whatthe: her words " I am not sure how many will want to stay overnight in a car park if they don't have access to water or electric."

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
£5 - core blimey...daylight robbery...dont have to pay in Powys:winky:

tis good news though...and can only lead to more...if its not abused:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
The chap who owns a pub and a B & B has twigged that his B&B business wont be affected by the MH overnight parking .His eye seems to be on getting punters in to his pub

hes obviously heard of the raucous doos that FUN have....and the size of the bar bills:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
[HI]£5 - core blimey...daylight robbery...dont have to pay in Powys[/HI]:winky:

tis good news though...and can only lead to more...if its not abused:thumb:

True in Brecknockshire & Radnorshire car parks but there is a £5 charge in Montgomeryshire car parks. No idea why there is a difference.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
forgot about that bit:Doh:...anything over 3t if i remember rightly.

so...ill amend my statement too

£5 - core blimey...daylight robbery...dont have to pay in Brecknockshire & Radnorshire::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
:Blush::Doh::Cool:

I live in Torridge - must go around with my head in the clouds as I knew nothing about this.

Must be some forward thinking people in Torridge at last. :thumb:

John

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The campsite owner , I dont grasp the first part of what she said at all . Second part though ,nearly 30 years of running a campsite and she doesnt understand how a MH can sit on a car park overnight without having electricity or access to water :whatthe: her words " I am not sure how many will want to stay overnight in a car park if they don't have access to water or electric."

She also said, "I have never had a customer who doesn't want to use electricity".

I agree we all use electricity in our vans, however I would be saying "No Thanks" to her campsites' Electricity which costs £3.50 a night, when I have plenty of my own thanks....:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back