New Municpal Aire, Evreux France (1 Viewer)

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Evreux is the departmental Town for the department of Eure and is about 100 km west of Paris. You will have seen the name on the motorways as you head south from Calais...

New motor home aire in Evreux.

A new 6 place municipal motorhome aire has opened in Evreux. (Summer 2017) It is purpose built with toilet emptying facilities and fresh water. The 6 bays are all concrete hard standing with good sized pitches (8m*6m) and each of the bays has its own EHU. Costs are €9.50 a night. You can park there for 5 hours for€5. Payment is to the meter at the entrance barrier.

It is located near the Best Western Palais de Congres hotel, behind the Cadran theatre. The Cora hypermarket is 2 minutes’ walk away which has a bar/café a supermarket restaurant (which does take away pizzas) as well as arrange of other shops including a dry cleaners and pharmacy. There’s a high class restaurant and bar in the hotel – but I do recommend the “Cote de Terre et Mer” restaurant about 5 minutes’ walk into town.

The town itself is about 15 minute’s walkaway and has a large range of restaurants and shops. There several fine bakeries and chocolate shops in the town. Evreux itself is a very old town with a history going back to Roman times. The old town is wonderful and a visit to the Cathedral and Abby is a must

Market days are Wednesday and Saturday and it is excellent for fresh food and veg.

The address is Boulevard de Normandy, Evreux, 27000. Follow the signs for the Best Western Hotel the entrance to the aire is about 50metres further down the road the hotel entrance is on.

It is already on the campercontact app if you need the location.

Photos:

IMG_7279.JPG IMG_7280.JPG

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Could I respectfully point out that Evreux is West of Paris.

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
OOOps, corrected. And I'm working here at the moment.... :blusher::blusher:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
The name on the bottom of the "price list" (and in campercontact) is BROKEN LINK - run by is an odd way of saying it as the site is totally unmanned.

The webpage is: but it is broken atm.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nothing against them, you understand, but there are more and more of these "commercial aires" appearing in France. Think €9.50 inc. hookup is quite reasonable; will keep it in mind for our next trip - we often route that way.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
The name on the bottom of the "price list" (and in campercontact) is BROKEN LINK - run by is an odd way of saying it as the site is totally unmanned.

The webpage is: but it is broken atm.

Try this one

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I read some of the comments in this forum on new aires and the prices seem to be a source of much comment to say the least. As I'm working here I know this site was purpose built this year. Its in a nice part of town and is easily accessed with shops within a few minutes walk and the town centre cathedral district about 15 minutes. I've visited several sites and this is among the better located/equipped but is also one of the more expensive. €9,20 a night inc facilities isn't a bad deal unless you are used to these sites being free/very low cost of course.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Is it operational 365days?. Back in the day, we found some closed in winter. Spent several nights "camped" outside the gates of closed Aires whilst in transit,!. The one at Chartres for instance!.

OP
OP
OldCodger

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Sign says "Toute l'annee" (All year) so I guess so.

I'm not sure how the water will hold up if it gets very cold - it is in the brick structure in the bottom left of the picture - there's no apparent frost protection there...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back