New motorised bike carrier for ebikes (BR Systems) (1 Viewer)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Got one it's great

Looks great. Did you have it fitted by the supplier of the bike lift or by your motorhome dealer? I'm quite interested - or will be when we get round to buying a couple of e-bikes - but I would want to be sure that it is competently fitted. My DIY skills are zero, so I wouldn't be doing it myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
RoadPro sell it, and cheaper than you would think - £999. We saw it demonstrated at Birmingham show. RoadPro fitted our bike rack (not this one) and are very good. Funster discount 5% too.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The demo model I saw was on the back of the shop owners Cathago. After his explanation in French I0d translate it to mean "it's the dogs dangly bits" and looked so ! much sturdier than that cantilever types on the market

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It does look good, but why do they put it up so high, as the bikes and rack only need to clear the lights and number plate. Up like that, you will need a little ladder to undo/do up the mechanical lock.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Personally I prefer it that height for security although suspect that the height is down to the positioning of the internal fixings per/van.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You would need to check the back panel of the MH could take the weight of a couple of ebikes. The temptation would be for owners to potentially overload things by leaving the batteries in for example.
A tow bar mounted system might be better in some circumstances and for a similar price including the tow bar.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's almost identical to the Fiamma one fitted as original on our Burstner, the one difference being we have a crank handle.

Maybe Fiamma still make them, it should be cheaper and ultimately more reliable.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The main difference and the reason I posted this is because the mechanism is a vertical slide which I guess is with some linear motors vs the wobbly cantilever on the Fiamma and Thule types. I installed the Fiamma lift on mine and found whilst it worked that it wasn't that stable, also the bikes were hanging off the van by a longer distance vs a normal rack, all things I accepted but didn't like as there was no alternative. Looks like there is now.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The main difference and the reason I posted this is because the mechanism is a vertical slide .

I did mislead everyone with that video, our Burstner has a true vertical lift using a leadscrew. So when I said near identical, it is. When you consider the weight of motor plus electrics a crank handle is much better for the payload. As is that simple belt lift in the video.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
A quality Belgiun product.
Far beter than the fiamma bike lift

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I did mislead everyone with that video, our Burstner has a true vertical lift using a leadscrew. So when I said near identical, it is. When you consider the weight of motor plus electrics a crank handle is much better for the payload. As is that simple belt lift in the video.

makes sense, didn't realise that a lead screw lift mechanism had been made by Fiamma and agree that would be much lighter. Overall I was disappointed with the type in the video, used it twice and then sold it.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Stretto Boy
It was fitted by a company in Norwich who sell Auto Trail they are also the main dealer for Skoda. Away from home at the moment so can't give you address. It's a Ductch company who make them, we have two battery assisted bikes and lift easily deals with them. We payed just over the £1000 fitted as above I believe other companies can get them now. As said very pleased with them

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Stretto Boy
It was fitted by a company in Norwich who sell Auto Trail they are also the main dealer for Skoda. Away from home at the moment so can't give you address. It's a Ductch company who make them, we have two battery assisted bikes and lift easily deals with them. We payed just over the £1000 fitted as above I believe other companies can get them now. As said very pleased with them

No Autotrail dealers in Norwich that I know of, I think you mean Simpsons in Gt Yarmouth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back