LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thinking of getting one of these as a motorhome....coal MUST be cheaper than diesel. Does anyone have any experience of them? Will George be able to service it for me?

Attachments

• Old-Glory.jpg
    Old-Glory.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 136
S

stagman

Deleted User
Thinking of getting one of these as a motorhome....coal MUST be cheaper than diesel. Does anyone have any experience of them? Will George be able to service it for me?

Looks good ,only prob no coal mines here anymore all imported from China and our cars soon.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
how about this i saw on ebay.
not bad for towing be hind . Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
there are still coal mines in Yorkshire e by gum. :thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
there are still four deep coal mines in uk
look on here Link Removed :Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Cor that brings back memories.
When I was a kid we had 2 of those brass Sentinel name plates hanging on a wall.

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
Is that the grey water bucket on the front?

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Wow I remember those Sentinels belonging to Tate & Lyle working in Liverpool hauling sugar off the docks to the factory on the dock road .....I was about 12 years old at the time ....Feeling really old now :roflmto::roflmto:

vava1

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
England
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looks good ,only prob no coal mines here anymore all imported from China and our cars soon.

Not so! See here:

The coal industry is still a very important business in this country.

The then National Coal Board - which became British Coal - was set up on January 1 1947 to manage a vast coal mining industry on the nation's behalf. In December 1994 UK COAL (formally RJB Mining PLC) successfully acquired the major bulk of the English coalfields upon the privatisation of British Coal, becoming the Europe's largest independently owned mining company.

You can look ahead to coal tomorrow. We in Britain have enough coal reserves to satisfy our needs for generations at present rates of mining - long after oil and gas supplies have run down. Fortunately almost anything that can be processed from oil can be made from coal and when natural gas from the North Sea runs out, coal can again become the main source of gas supply.

The industry is well advanced in developing new technology in mining and new processes for coal use, with care for the environment very much in mind.

Despite the growth in use of other fuels, which has resulted in a reduction in the industry's size in recent years, it remains a very substantial business.

Coal supplies about one third of the heat and energy we use. Then there are chemicals, plastics, disinfectants, medicines, road surfaces, paints, fertilisers and many other things made with or from coal by-products.
© UK Coal 2007

Source: UK COAL : Britain's largest coal mining company - Coal Today and for Tomorrow

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back