New Motorhome Show At Bristol Balloon Fiesta 9-12 August 2018 (1 Viewer)

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
That looked really interesting......until I clicked on the buy parking tickets, where it seems to state that motor homes and caravans are not allowed!

A curious limitation on parking for a motor home and caravan show!!

Or am I missing something???

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
That looked really interesting......until I clicked on the buy parking tickets, where it seems to state that motor homes and caravans are not allowed!

Fantastic ..well spotted..:hot:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Possibly because the council don't want to lose out on the parking fees for these on the other fields they ARE allowed on. Seems a bit strange.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Think they mentioned in publicity info. that they know there will already a lot of motorhomers & others camping near there for the Balloon Festival & parking nearby is at a premium so maybe they think that those that want to go with motorhomes will camp at Parsonage Farm, Cotham Park etc.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

The absolutely feeble excuse about having to park vehicles of different sizes , it looks like they are parking on grass fields , don't
see any bay markings ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Suggest going Thursday/Friday if anyone is thinking of camping or parking as it is crazily busy at the weekend & adding a Motorhome Show will probably make it even more so. The last time we went they closed the gates on the Saturday as the festival had reached capacity in numbers for safety - Thursday (with Nightglow :inlove:) & Friday were great though.
That means still time to go to Lymington Seafood Festival or Retrofestival Newbury rallies that weekend (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back