New motorhome parking area in Blackpool (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Not been for a while but I remember a nice chemical plant excreting some nice aromas, or was that Thornton.;)
Closed down now, Mr B, however, the whole area has been turned into a fantastic coastal walk, down the River Wyre to the estuary. It was an ICI factory. When it closed, it decimated the local economy, especially Thornton.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Closed down now, Mr B, however, the whole area has been turned into a fantastic coastal walk, down the River Wyre to the estuary. It was an ICI factory. When it closed, it decimated the local economy, especially Thornton.
As I said Mr T it has been a while:) my sister in-law used to live in Thornton and she has now lived in Australia for twenty years so I guess it could have changed a bit. I much prefer staying with her now that she is in Melbourne than I did when she lived up there.(y)
Out of interest what year did it shut down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As I said Mr T it has been a while:) my sister in-law used to live in Thornton and she has now lived in Australia for twenty years so I guess it could have changed a bit. I much prefer staying with her now that she is in Melbourne than I did when she lived up there.(y)
Maybe...............However, no bitey bitey spiders snakes and crocogators in Thornton..........(y)(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Maybe...............However, no bitey bitey spiders snakes and crocogators in Thornton..........(y)(y)
It is ok in the city but they have a second home way up the coast where we tend to stay it is on the coast and very rural so you have to keep an eye out for both spiders and snakes but fantastic part of the world.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I sort of envy you, Mr B, but never again will I go through another Yellow Fever jab.........:cry::cry::cry::cry: The last one nearly killed me.

WinnieBago

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i810g
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I'm going to be in Blackpool on Friday. My wife has an appointment at Royal Victoria Hospital so the plan is to park in the car park at Seasiders Way, get a taxi to the hospital and back and in the meantime I'll be walking the dogs along the seafront (weather permitting).

This'll be the first time I've taken our 9m van into a town centre. The approach from the south looks to be ok, and I've read that I'll need to exit via the south as well. Does anyone know of anything I need to look out for or be careful of which I might have missed from looking at Google Maps?

I haven't been back to Blackpool since 1my only visit there back in 1982 so it'll be interesting how it'll compare to my childhood memories!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm going to be in Blackpool on Friday. My wife has an appointment at Royal Victoria Hospital so the plan is to park in the car park at Seasiders Way, get a taxi to the hospital and back and in the meantime I'll be walking the dogs along the seafront (weather permitting).

This'll be the first time I've taken our 9m van into a town centre. The approach from the south looks to be ok, and I've read that I'll need to exit via the south as well. Does anyone know of anything I need to look out for or be careful of which I might have missed from looking at Google Maps?

I haven't been back to Blackpool since 1my only visit there back in 1982 so it'll be interesting how it'll compare to my childhood memories!
Hope all goes well at the hospital for your wife ... give her my good luck wishes. :)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Hi
Yes the way you have outlined is ok. You want to keep on the M55 to the end, right facing on the roundabout is the road you want (it once was an old railway line it will take you straight in to the car park's, remember the illuminations are on now so watch where you park . Pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Seasiders Way is the recommended place for parking motorhomes, with a special tariff of £5 for up to 12 hours (parking not overnight camping though :)). The parking officer I mentioned in a previous post put a lot of work in to make those arrangements.
As Peter says, it's a very straightforward route to/from the M55.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
That is good news Busman..
Before we go again ( hopefully next year ) I shall post a thread asking for all the details :)

New Brighton...
We have just come back from there this morning.. LOTS of parking area, small seafront area but does have a shopping centre with Morrisons, cinema, several resturants. There is Weatherspoons and a Hungry horse pub.
I spotted the buses for Liverpool and thought thats a great idea for another trip,.
Will do a seperate thread and pics later..

WinnieBago

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i810g
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi
Yes the way you have outlined is ok. You want to keep on the M55 to the end, right facing on the roundabout is the road you want (it once was an old railway line it will take you straight in to the car park's, remember the illuminations are on now so watch where you park . Pete

Seasiders Way is the recommended place for parking motorhomes, with a special tariff of £5 for up to 12 hours (parking not overnight camping though :)). The parking officer I mentioned in a previous post put a lot of work in to make those arrangements.
As Peter says, it's a very straightforward route to/from the M55.

Great! Peter/Graham - Many thanks :)

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Peter I take being called riff raff a bit of a compliment.. Where I come from anyone who has two ears is a cissy. Anyone with the arse in their trousers is a Toff.. Mind we play shove halfpenny with manhole covers though !(y)
What in The Vale of Evesham??
even in Stratford we think you're posh.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back