New motorhome - Maintenance Schedule (1 Viewer)

j0hn

Free Member
May 14, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Complete n00b - starting now!!
Hi,
We're picking up or almost new Benimar Mileo, and I put together a maintenance schedule to remind me what needs to be done to keep it in running order as we want to keep it for a very long time :)

So, in no particular order, and not an exhaustive list - please help me add what you think is necessary:

Before each trip
- Check tyre pressure, oil, coolant and brake fluid level

Before a weekend away
- Put some grey water tank cleaner through all sinks and shower, run a bit of water, let it slosh to refresh it

Beginning, middle and end of season
- Lubricate toilet rubber seal

Yearly
- Habitation check

Every 2 years (or at ??? miles)
- Fiat service

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
For most seals a silicon based lubricant is ideal for door, window and toilet seals. I did think that oil change every year might be the way to go but with fully synthetic oils probably not required in this day and age, however. Perhaps with a new van it might be worth having the oil and filter changed after the first year, providing they drain the oil rather than most dealers do today and suck it out.
As far as dealer Hab checks go I agree with what's been said above, however Benimar (Marquis) may try and hoist there Hab check on you but the reality is you can get any NCC dealer or mobile service guy that is NCC approved to do it to qualify the warranty.
j0hn there is a good Benimar group on Facebook called 'Benimar UK Owners' really friendly group with loads of useful stuff on the files page. Just tell Andie I sent you(y)

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@ when using Citric acid to descale the Truma do you switch it on to heat the water in the Truma or just leave it in there cold Thanks
sorry, just saw this post..

yes, I heat it up to 60c then switch off and leave it for a few hours, or overnight ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I also heat up the boiler when I descale it, though it probably isn't necessary. I use silicone grease on the toilet seal.(Do not, as one youtube video does, use vaseline, it will damage the seal.)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back