New Motorhome - How Long to Fix Faults Under Warranty? (1 Viewer)

How long did it take to get your motorhome right?

• No problems with mine

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Under 2 Weeks

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • A Month to 3 Months

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 3 Months to 6 Months

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Over 6 months/still not right

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I keep reading threads where people are waiting months to get their new/new to them motorhome fixed under warranty by various dealers and manufacturers.

It got me wondering if this is the norm, or just extreme cases?

This isn't intended to be a "name and shame" thread - just interested in peoples experiences in general.

Did your new van need warranty work?

...if so, how long did it take to get your van right?

Reactions: Jim

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I voted 2 weeks to a month, not had any problems until recently when the driver's door step has started playing up and I've not done anything about it yet but from previous experance with Hymers it will get sorted fairly quickly.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A couple of minor dealer fit issues dealt with in less than two weeks, but then it is a Hymer and the dealer is Becks (y);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Some minor problems on delivery required a couple of replacement catches and two LED bulb replacement.

I voted 2 weeks to a month but it would have been about 8 days if I could have got back to the dealer sooner.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Had various very minor faults fixed quickly but the habitation door would not unlock on the remote key fob. After three years, when the warranty had expired, and after numerous attempts at repairs , I took the door apart and fixed it myself.

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
18 months on from buying a brand new Hymer B678DL new warranty issues were still cropping up ... so we waved the white flag and ditched it PDQ ... most of the miles on the clock were down to going back and forth to the dealer most months ...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
18 months on from buying a brand new Hymer B678DL new warranty issues were still cropping up ... so we waved the white flag and ditched it PDQ ... most of the miles on the clock were down to going back and forth to the dealer most months ...
I didn't think Dynamic Lines were in production then, if so you must have had one of the first off the line.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I voted 2 weeks to a month, not had any problems until recently when the driver's door step has started playing up and I've not done anything about it yet but from previous experance with Hymers it will get sorted fairly quickly.
Can I ask what the step problem is Lenny?

We are back to Travelworld on Wednesday with a step problem - when it rains hard and you’re driving along, the buzzer goes off. Fixed by pulling the fuse. Travelworld were told of this back in July and agreed with them that we’d sort it when next in the area so no delay on their part..

Just wondered if your problem was the same!

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
I didn't think Dynamic Lines were in production then, if so you must have had one of the first off the line.

With all the faults it had it felt like the first one off the production line ... so you could well be right ...

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
No problems to speak of with our MH. The bathroom door catch needs a little adjustment but I’m happy to leave that for the habitation service next year. The toilet roll holder was very slightly loose but that just needed half a turn with an Allen key. Very pleased with our Auto-Sleeper so far. A very fine example of British workmanship. No need to buy German for a quality van! :imoutahere:

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Marquis Devon

I have a fridge fault, will you have a look at it for me?

Just one moment.............. Can you bring the van in tomorrow?

Wow, yes please!

Fridge fixed the following day.

One very happy bunny!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Interesting thread.

It's quite sad to see the last serial in the lead by a couple of points though.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am just waiting for The Swift Owners to wake up and read this thread >:)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Brought a New Auto Trail V-Line 2 months ago and the front small round table was missing. A call to Auto trail confirmed that indeed it should have a small front table. Was told that the dealer should submit a warranty claim, which they have. 2 months later still waiting for the said table. Apparently they have to order one and get it made!! Surely they are fitting them everyday to new vans on the production line, Why carn't they just send one out to the dealer to fit. This is beginning to pi@@ me off!! Hopefully someone from Auto-Trail will be at the NEC tomorrow!!

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We'll maybe I'm gonna jinx it now but since picking up our adria twin from Geoff Cox in april we have had no problems whatsoever (y) great van and great dealer
Ah. But.....the grommets for the cooker pan stands failed....which they replaced....
But I will find a better solution as the dometic grommets are shite........
Not dealers or adrias fault admittedly....
But the dometic stuff is crap........

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is another way of looking at this issue. "How long did they fix faults under warranty?" I took our Murvi back after three and a half years because of staining on a panel - the adhesive was reacting with something. They replaced it free of charge.

They had earlier replaced a water pump which was working perfectly for us but they had seen problems with that model so they changed them. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
ten years ago I bought a new Rapido from a large dealer in Newark, took 14 months to get a replacement for the missing carpet in the cab, I even rang Rapido in France, but they refused to even speak to me as a non dealer!

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
18 months approximately to obtain a new drawer front for current van! 1st incorrect apparently my fault as I did not give the measurements although we did emphasise the drawer front required and were not asked for the measurements. 2nd arrived damaged as it was not packaged and wrapped at all well. 3rd arrived poorly manufactured. Eventually 4th arrived in good condition! For various reasons (including this one) have decided to change brands.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
If you are registered on Swift Talk maison, then my comment should be self explanatory, we were Swift owners so know only too well how some peoples dreams & aspirations have been dashed. Back to factory repairs in first year of ownership, some wait 3 months to get it returned, 6-8 week wait for dealer fitted replacement parts, the wrong ones sent out, so it all starts again. I know it can happen with other manufacturers, but i haven't read as many as Swift and other UK manufacturers. Too many faulty goods coming off the production line and leaving dealers to put right. Swift is losing dealerships because of this.
Nuff said

Good luck, happy travels
Les

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back