New motorhome carpets (2 Viewers)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We picked up a new (to us) van with new unused fitted Hymer carpets, we put them straight down. I don't understand people who keep stuff as new for when they sell te vehicle ? why not use them that's what they are for.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We picked up a new (to us) van with new unused fitted Hymer carpets, we put them straight down. I don't understand people who keep stuff as new for when they sell te vehicle ? why not use them that's what they are for.

Bit like years ago when people put seat covers on their new car and never saw the originals,,BUSBY,,,,nowt so funny as folk,,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We lifted our carpets too as they were far too light with having a dog. The light ones certainly make the place look brighter and larger though.
Replaced them with a few dark runners which I cut to fit. The dark doesn't show up the dirt or dog hairs as much.
Great minds think alike - exactly what we did - also use washable runners so can keep sticking in the washing machine.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Any local carpet shop that does roll ends should be able to make you a fitted set and get them whip stitched.

I took our existing ones to a place near us for them to use as templates and got two new sets from a roll end for not much money.

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
We have done the same with all our vans. There is a local guy to us in Fife who binds carpets for a reasonable price and has carpet off cuts. Happy days.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
We have done the same with all our vans. There is a local guy to us in Fife who binds carpets for a reasonable price and has carpet off cuts. Happy days.

hi

Where in Fife is the carpet guy please. Wouldnt mind checking out next time we"re up there .

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
When we bought our last caravan, the carpets were brown. We saw our local man and he made some from the originals in beige, we don't have a dog. When we px'd the van for a Moho the originals went back as new.
For the Moho we have small washable rugs and carry spares if we have mucky weather but we don't have carpets as we have heated flooring. Narrgh narrgh ne narrgh narrgh !!! :wasntme:

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
hi

Where in Fife is the carpet guy please. Wouldnt mind checking out next time we"re up there .
Cowdenbeath on the high st. I'm home on Friday and will dig out the shop name.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We took out carpets from our new Hymer as the colour was much to light, once parked up in field they would have been ruined. We replaced it with carpet tiles about 18" X 18". (Bought at our local Trago Mills) at £1.99 each. Made tenplates with paper . Very pleased with them, one advantage with the tiles is if you spill something on them that cannot be removed you replace it with a spare one.

colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back