Free Member
Mar 2, 2011
east anglia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
My husband and I (no royal connection!) are considering purchasing a motorhome. We are looking at an Autocruise Magellan and also an Elddis Autoquest 140. Anybody have any experience of either. All opinions will be gratefully received. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Lesley, welcome to the fun. I do not have experience of those particular motorhomes but I am sure someone here has. Meanwhile, have you seen this? Link Removed It comes highly reccomended:thumb::Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cannot help with your choice, but just to say Hi and welcome :thumb: Sure you will enjoy whatever you go for - personal choice would be the Autocruise, not keen on overhead/ cab beds
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Hi,
We have an Elddis Sunstyle 120 which is a touch shorter than the 140 but I think a similar floor plan. Had they had a 140 when we purchased ours in 2009 we would have bought it, the extra 18 inches gives more lounge space and is not so cramped for two adults. We haven't found too much to complain about, we have had to lay extra foam layers under the bed area for more comfort. The water tank is fairly small and the need to fill up on long trips can be a bit of a challenge in France in the middle of winter. It's good value for money if the cost is an issue. Good luck whatever you go for.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome

Have you been to Simpsons,Greentrees or Becks to see what they have in stock?

Dale

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We also would like to say welcome

Welcome to the forum..

You are bound to find someone who can help you with any questions you have.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the subject of motorhome choice I have three words of guidance, layout, layout, layout.

Rgds
Bill

OP
OP
L

lesleyAprice

Free Member
Mar 2, 2011
east anglia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Motorhome choice

Thank you for all your comments. I think we will go for the Autocruise. The layout suits us perfectly. Hoping to see one on Saturday. Very excited.::bigsmile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Don't discount the Elddis they are a cracking starter van we had one when we first went fulltiming we actually had the Elddis Autoquest 140 4 berth a 2007 model...I think they have been superseded by the 145 as the 140 is now a 2 berth model try their website for the current model list

We found that the water tank was a tad small at only 45 litres so we carried 10 litres extra in another container..we did Spain in 2009 for 3 months in ours and never experienced any living problems with it it had a huge U-shaped lounge which converted into a massive bed nearly 7ft square..there is ample storage in the vans shower/toilet is reasonable..the overhead bunk we used for storing our bedding and various smaller lighter items

When we changed our Elddis we actually changed it for an Autocruise Startrail...Have you looked at the Swift Escape range of vans Link Removed these too are good value entry level vans

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have a 115 but should have bought the 140 - Biggest bed in the business... Don't worry about the water, we can carry 45 litres in the tank, 20 in a jerry can and 3*5litres for drinking. Nice van, the new low profile 145 is even nicer:thumb:

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
we have the 140

Cracking van, done France in it,bed massive and all me and the missus need, to be perfectly honest,if we never had the grandkids we would never change.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to motorhome fun. :thumb:
Its a lot of money you will be spending, have a look at lots of vans.
Do lot's of google on various makes for problems.
Go to the Motorhome Shows ::bigsmile: Newarks next then Peterborough.
Don't rule our vans made in Germany :winky: or France :Smile:
If you want to use it all year, look into how winterised it is, :Smile: are the tanks outside and freeze and how well insulated it is.
If you look at over cab beds, get up there and try it, see how much room you have.:Smile:

I see your in East Anglia, we have a meet here: Link Removed

Your welcome to come along for a chat and advice, :winky: you might even get Coffee. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Most people buy the wrong first van. :Doh: Bob.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

I agree with the rest of the post make sure you have a good look around go and sit in the mh take a flask of tea. Make the beds up and try lying on them for a while you might feel embarrassed but not half as embarrassed as taken the mh back in a cpl of months as it doesnt meet your needs.

On the Elddis i have the 130 on a 06 it is not a fancy van but has everything you need we have had ours 3 years now and been all over with it and love it we will not be changing it untill Sophie has stopped holidaying with us.

If you have any questions about the Elddis please feel free to ask not same model but controls and built same.

Gerry

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have a 115 but should have bought the 140 - Biggest bed in the business... Don't worry about the water, we can carry 45 litres in the tank, 20 in a jerry can and 3*5litres for drinking. Nice van, the new low profile 145 is even nicer:thumb:

I've got a new Autoquest 120, I got it because I believed under the 6mtr rule it was cheaper to ferry across to europe, now I find I will be doing most of my trips in this country so I wish I had gone for the 140 as stated previously in this thread, 18" extra makes an aweful lot of difference on the internal dimensions of the rear lounge. As far as the Autoquest brand goes, for the price it is very well equipped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back