Free Member
Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Hi all 3 weeks ago we took delivery of our new advante 285 after having lots of problems with our hobby.

So far so good .

Attachments

• A77B8E2B-CAF6-4F68-87B8-7974F0FF7C48.jpeg
    A77B8E2B-CAF6-4F68-87B8-7974F0FF7C48.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 63

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We picked up our 255 eight weeks ago and we are both over the moon with it.

We have had a few silly issues on ours that I am disappointed that Elddis did not pick up before it left the factory but dealer have been great at rectifying them.

We can’t fault the design though it suits us perfectly

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Picking up our new to us 255 next Saturday, it's our first MH, we hope we are as happy with it as you guys!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
@WESTY66 Very nice for a first van, hope it suits you well as some struggle to get the layout right first time.

Our first van was limited to what we could afford, a rear lounge so although spacious during the day a real faff to make up and take apart the bed.

We are loving the fixed bed, large external locker under bed, nice shower cubicle, huge fridge and big lounge. Even little touches like table storage which before was in wardrobe requiring to fight with clothes.

All this does come at a price with a fairly Long overhang, so just take care especially steep entrances where overhang can ground out or turning in narrow entrances where overhang can swing the opposite way.

You will be fine just take extra care

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
@WESTY66 Very nice for a first van, hope it suits you well as some struggle to get the layout right first time.

Our first van was limited to what we could afford

All this does come at a price with a fairly Long overhang, so just take care especially steep entrances where overhang can ground out or turning in narrow entrances where overhang can swing the opposite way.
Thanks!! It's the missus's favorite layout.

Who said I could afford it? lol.

Thinking of putting them little wheel thingy's on each rear corner.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Paul an Jane, can you clarify the gas bottle size, the brochure says 10kg but the place I'm getting it says 6kg???

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@WESTY66 we have two 6kg propane bottles that fit in what is quite a spacious gas locker.

The orange bottles are propane rather than the blue ones which are butane. Propane has the advantage of freezing at a much lower temperature so everything should still run fine in the winter.

A decent gas spanner is handy to have and don’t forget gas threads work the opposite way (anti - clock to tighten)

The Alde heating takes a bit of getting to grips with but once you do, it is like your central heating at home.

Any questions there will always be someone happy to help, if not pm me and I will give you my mobile number

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thinking of putting them little wheel thingy's on each rear corner.

That's a good way to significantly reduce your ground clearance so be careful.

You also need to place them on the chassis itself and not the chassis extensions or else you could do untold damage to the whole structure of your vehicle.

Why are you keen to fit them.

Cheers,

Andrew

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
That's a good way to significantly reduce your ground clearance so be careful.

You also need to place them on the chassis itself and not the chassis extensions or else you could do untold damage to the whole structure of your vehicle.

Why are you keen to fit them.

I'm not particularly keen to fit them, I just thought they might be a good idea save the rear corners getting scraped on maybe a ferry ramp or something. As with all things you immediately think is a good idea, there's always pro's and cons.

Ady

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'm not particularly keen to fit them, I just thought they might be a good idea save the rear corners getting scraped on maybe a ferry ramp or something. As with all things you immediately think is a good idea, there's always pro's and cons.

Ady

Morning Ady,

Your new van is a big unit with a reasonable sized overhang so if you add wheels then all you'll be doing is reducing your clearance by a big chunk. It's probably best that you leave them off and give yourself that 15cm extra clearance.

Enjoy your van - you have some great times ahead(y)

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back