New Mercedes Sprinter (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Interesting having a V6 diesel engine when the diesel engine is now viewed as the anti-christ of fuel driven vehicles.
Shame it`s a front wheel drive there goes that amazing turning circle.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Interesting having a V6 diesel engine when the diesel engine is now viewed as the anti-christ of fuel driven vehicles.

I thought modern Diesel engines captured all the crap do are ok. It's the older ones that aren't isn't it?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I thought modern Diesel engines captured all the crap do are ok. It's the older ones that aren't isn't it?

From previous threads and bleating we don`t know what we are talking about do-gooders and politicians it would appear that the diesel engine`s days are limited, that of course in the real world could take 50yrs to come to fruition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
There is a write up on the promobil website which says they are fwd up to 4T and rwd above that. They also give details of a new e-Sprinter coming. Now I just have to figure out how to switch my RMB onto a new chassis....

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
My take on this is that all the big bits of pollution are filtered into the D P F and all the really small bits are pumped out into the atmosphere. Some how it seems like an unintended consequence.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Stealth Mo Ho available:Eeek:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its about time that Mercedes recognised the shape of the motorhome market. I have some reservations about squeezing 177hp out of 2.1 litres but 9 speed gearbox should help. Somewhat surprising they don't have a petrol/hybrid option, That I would have liked to try.

Presumably they are aiming the cowl at the A Class market. It will be really interesting to see what the ride is like with a MB front and a proper full alko rear. It will also be interesting to see which manufacturers take it up.

Jon

OP
OP
Electraglide
Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
Its about time that Mercedes recognised the shape of the motorhome market. I have some reservations about squeezing 177hp out of 2.1 litres but 9 speed gearbox should help. Somewhat surprising they don't have a petrol/hybrid option, That I would have liked to try.

Presumably they are aiming the cowl at the A Class market. It will be really interesting to see what the ride is like with a MB front and a proper full alko rear. It will also be interesting to see which manufacturers take it up.

Jon
They do offer a 211bhp petrol engine for the US leisure market

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The extra 50kg payload of the fwd and lower load area are things I would expect motorhome manufacturers to want to take advantage of. I am guessing that the fwd 9 speed automatic will be robotised and perhaps a good deal lighter than their traditional auto. If so there could be another significant payload improvement here for those of us who like an automatic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back