New Members joining by the dozen (1 Viewer)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I first posted a question before joining, that was before I bought a MH.

I response and help was such that I didn’t feel it right to accept the help/advise and not pay up, so I did.

Recently my first year came to an end and I intended not to renew, but then I realised I’d miss Joy

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We joined then paid after parking up next to Techno In the Netherlands and have never looked back.
The advice, support and the fantastic funsters that we have met is worth more than the 15 quid a year.
I'd pay 10x that amount a year if Jim could ban old-mo from repeating his jokes every 2 weeks 🤣🤣🤣
Only kidding Mo you know we love you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I agree it is not a huge amount. But being a newbie I can tell you it can add up. If you joined every forum and club it would come to a lot of money. I think Jim has it right, I didn't have to pay at first and therefore I was able to browse until I knew it was something I want to spend my money on. As an example I also joined the Burstner Owners Club UK and found it to be money wasted. The BOCUK won't allow you on their site until you have paid them so you are taking a leap of faith.
Good luck to those that get this site for free, I am happy that my £15 is value for money.

Cheers

Gerry

I agree, when you first get a Moho you seem to spend money like it’s going out of fashion.

All I’m saying after being a free member you can recoup your £15 with an item bought off here cheap or a fun discount with a supplier.

Some might even save money just asking a question to a fault and get the answer 🤷‍♂️😊

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We were annual subscribers from the very early days, like champers, until a certain someone made us an offer we couldn't refuse. ;) We've not looked back since. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.:)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I paid for life membership in the hope that I would live long enough to get my money's worth :giggler: :giggler: :giggler:

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Seems strange to me that lots are read only when you can get good benefits from subscribing.

It’s not a large amount imho for the gains you get.

Still each to their own 😊
People do research on the interweb when they are researching a certain model or just interested in motorhoming
Once they have got the info they need they may purchase what they were looking at and disappear into the abyss or stick around
Some (I run forums and moderate) believe jim, as the boss, sits on his fat ass and earns a fortune from all the £15 subscriptions because that is the belief of a lot of forum goers nowadays
I joined when I was researching my swift and did the life member thing because I love a bargain and forget when I need to renew stuff
Paid member or not......they share the hobby 👍

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
People do research on the interweb when they are researching a certain model or just interested in motorhoming
Once they have got the info they need they may purchase what they were looking at and disappear into the abyss or stick around
Some (I run forums and moderate) believe jim, as the boss, sits on his fat ass and earns a fortune from all the £15 subscriptions because that is the belief of a lot of forum goers nowadays
I joined when I was researching my swift and did the life member thing because I love a bargain and forget when I need to renew stuff
Paid member or not......they share the hobby 👍

I joined prior to going to NZ in a renter.

The info on here saved me money on that trip and I bought a Moho from a member on here.
Who also bought from a member on here, so nice trace history.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I recommended this forum to a mate who had just bought a MoHo. Told him about having to pay after 5 post's. he looked in. Got back to me and said he is not going to bother joining, turns out every time he looked in it was all about toilets. :LOL:

I think £15 is far far too cheap:eek:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’m torn between thinking it’s been a bargain or not. :unsure:

I’ve saved a load of money, time and effort with help from here. But on the other hand I’ve spent a load of money and put in a load of time and effort with ideas from here......🤷‍♂️

Now let me think..........;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back