Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
north yorks
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30 years approx
Hi everyone, I'm Cam and married to Jan and we live in north Yorkshire, we have just joined this site after a friend of mine told me about it this morning. We first started motor homing back in the eighties when our kids were little then we changed to caravanning, why I can't remember. A couple of years ago we went to the USA and Canada and toured round in a 34ft Winnebago with a V10 petrol engine (8 mpg) and we thoroughly enjoyed it so after returning to England we decided to exchange the caravan we had for a motorhome so here we are, gone full circle. We are now going over to France, Holland and Germany to follow the route that Jan's dad took in 1944 as a tank driver and then we will end up in the black forest area (hope there's no flooding down there). Oh yes forgot to mention that we are both retired now and looking forward to many more trips in our motor home, so much easier than caravanning.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, check out the posts by Viennese re flooding in the Black forest area the rivers are certainly high at the moment. So good luck. Yodeli also has given a French weather website that you can use to check for flooding.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
new, or newish

Welcome to a great site. Sue and I are going over to Fulda, via Holland, in September. Enjoy your trip and hopefully, the only thing you will encounter in the Ardennes Gap will be pate!

Gary ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
C

CAMnJAN

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
north yorks
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30 years approx
Thanks guys for the welcomes and the info regarding weather etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Welcome from an East Riding resident, Hope you have lots to share and find it as friendly and useful here as I do....

SWMBO and I are newbies to the MH world but have Caravaned for a number of years.... Although I don't see much similarity between the two, our breaks away are now completely different to those we had in the Caravan....Much more spontaneous we can just up and go now without too much thought.:thumb:

Good luck with your European trip.

OP
OP
C

CAMnJAN

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
north yorks
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30 years approx
Thanks Knockinonabit, I too am ex army (coldstreams), and also hgv 1 driver, now semi retired and enjoying every bit of it, don't know how I got time to work all those hours, off to france now and then Germany, got tickets for the grand prix at the nurburgring, look out for the union jacks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back