Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Kentucky
Exp
Hi All

I've just joined, I'm Malcolm and my wife is Nikki. We have a Kentucky Estro which we have had for just a year. Bought to get our son around with his Go-Karting so not really used for holidays just most weekends for racing and its been great. We used it for a weeks holiday in August to Cornwall and what a good week it was even though it rained most of the week.

Josh our son has now given up racing mainly due to my illness so we have to decide whether we keep the motorhome, I think we are going to try and get a few weekends away with it then decide. Maybe up to the Lake District as we live in South Manchester it's just knowing where to go, with the karting it was easy we camped! at the track and took all of the things we needed with us including a generator, no hookups, shops, etc.

Any suggestions of where to try for a weekend gratefully received.

Regards
Malcolm

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome to fun, give it a go just for the freedom it brings to weekends away, why not have a look at the Easter Rally at Chester, not to far away from you and lots going on.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Malcolm and Nikki, there are plenty of sites all over the Uk, and outside of school holidays its rare to find them full. You don't need sites though, its easy enough to Broken Link Removed in a fully equipped motorhome.

Also check out our rallies on the left of the front page, there is something going on most weekends in the summer.

There are also many thousands of small sites, (5 vans or less) that offer a cheap pitch and not much else, If you fancy those you will need to join one of the big camping clubs (Caravan Club or the Camping & Caravan club) as most of them are affiliated to one or the other. Meanwhile welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome Malcolm & Nikki.

Enjoy your Motorhome.

If you can get to a few weekends i think you will enjoy it.

You will me made very welcome believe me we came to our first meet over new year.

It was well worth the visit to the UK for us.

New friends and a lot of FUN

Mel & Lieve

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Welcome to you both .. We find getting away in our MH really relaxing so do give it a try for a bit ...

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
A very warm welcome from me too :thumb:

Tash

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
I'm a newbie"
Another newbie

Hello I'm a newbie here and to motorhomes, although id have a VW campervan for a number of years. Now have a Hobby motorhome and am looking forwards to many happy breaks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back