LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2020
York
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40
Exp
Hi,

I have been a regular reader for a few months now soaking up the knowledge, I took advantage of the subs sale yesterday and signed up. We are life long campers and chose this year to make the jump from cycle touring and got our first van an Elddis CV40 48hrs before 1st lockdown. We live near York and have been enjoying van life despite it spending the first 3 months on the drive.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from rainy Ciren! 🌧️ (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

BlackIce

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2020
York
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40
Exp
Hi
Good choice, I see this be your 1st van as well. If you didn't know already there is quite an active CV owners group on facebook, they post upgrades they have done and any gripes. As you know this is also our 1st van and it has been great although we have only managed about 3500ml due to lockdowns and working full time. We started looking at small motorhomes but very quickly decided PVC's we for us. Last week we were wild camping on the East Coast and found a great spot that is only accessible under a low railway bridge so limited small vans.
We mainly camp off grid so have had to upgrade our batteries and solar panel as the Thetford fridge freezer in our van is quite heavy on electricity even on night mode. I think you might have a different fridge in yours so you could be fine.

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
Hi
Good choice, I see this be your 1st van as well. If you didn't know already there is quite an active CV owners group on facebook, they post upgrades they have done and any gripes. As you know this is also our 1st van and it has been great although we have only managed about 3500ml due to lockdowns and working full time. We started looking at small motorhomes but very quickly decided PVC's we for us. Last week we were wild camping on the East Coast and found a great spot that is only accessible under a low railway bridge so limited small vans.
We mainly camp off grid so have had to upgrade our batteries and solar panel as the Thetford fridge freezer in our van is quite heavy on electricity even on night mode. I think you might have a different fridge in yours so you could be fine.
Hi, we decided on the CV20 as we liked the two big sofas, hoping we can invite friends in to play once we can get back to folk festivals! We get our van end of January hopefully, and its booked in for a solar panel fitting early March. Ours will have the Thetford fridge too. We have no great plans to go abroad, happy to explore the UK and Ireland and would like to wild camp a bit too. We have the next Britstops book as a Christmas present coming in February. Thanks for letting me know about the fb page, I will go and look!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back