Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
Hello I am a soon to retire New Zealander. In 2017 we intend to purchase a motorhome and tour EU
for a few months each year over 3 or so years. Have used this forum to gleen info and have bought
two Vicarious Publications. Insurance is a problem as we are not UK Residents. Down under seem the
only option.
The Motorhome we want is to be under 7M long twin single's and most likely LHD as we will mostly be
in Europe. If there are recent comparison's on this spec van appreciate the link.

Cheers
John

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
images (3).jpg

From Spain.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Good luck with your exciting plans!

I agree that you will probably have to insure from your permanent residential address, which means from NZ. It shouldn't be a major problem as insurance requirements in most advanced economies are pretty much the same for third party cover but do make sure you meet the legal requirements for the U.K. and elsewhere in Europe. Look at insuring from NZ with a company that has operations in Europe, which will be the case with most of the large insurers as these operate globally.

Lots of MH comparison reviews available online or take out a subscription to one of the European "What Motorhome" type magazines.

Please give us progress reports of your great trip, with photographs.

:WelcomeFlag:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
It must be New Year already for you so happy
IMG_1071.jpg

OP
OP
JoCo

JoCo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
David-davidbaldam- I live in the town of Thames, South East of Auckland, if you are in the area feel free to contact

OP
OP
JoCo

JoCo

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
2015 Burstner Ixeo Time
Exp
2 years
We are due to leave in a couple of days .As New Zealand residents we had difficulties buying a Motorhome in EU.Initially we thought Germany, but a bad experience there, so we bought in France.Now if anyone has Knowledge on where to shop in France for the gear needed please advise.We bought a Burstner
and Take posetion in a weeks time.After a shakedown few days we will start the, for us, great adventure. Intending to head to Western France as a starter.

Jim is there anywhere in France I can get a Funster Sticker. I have C and MH club as I joined that for the UK visit. The obligatory Black Kiwi. You may also spot me wearing a certain Black Rugby Jersey. If you spot us please say hello, you are all welcome.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back