Nov 1, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW T4 conversion
Exp
Many years off & on
Hi all,
I would like to introduce myself. I have a VW T4 based motor home which I converted in 2012 over a number of busy months. I also have a Land rover Defender 90 which has been kitted out for personal holiday / adventure travel. Both vehicles are used for camping holidays in the UK, Europe and further a field in the case of the Defender 90 I am also a member of a Defender forum, from which, one of your members gave me, indirectly the web address (thank you). Being a retired design engineer I am always interested in enhancing/improving both of my diesel babies.

Regards to all
Peter B

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
:welc: from Hampshire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Peter and a big welcome from :france:
Sounds like you are planning loads of miles and smiles,enjoy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
I have a VW T4 based motor home which I converted in 2012 over a number of busy months. I also have a Land rover Defender 90

well one out of two isn't bad...:) personally I wouldn't touch a(nother) VW made within the last twenty years! How a company can trade for so long on their "reliability" which was based solely on the mk 1 golf I shall never know... Must confess that I had a lot of fun in my T3 Synchro though (mind you even that needed a new engine because I "put oil in it". Terribly underpowered and overstressed that little turbo diesel).

Had a great 90 Landie up until last year (my 5th...), built up by a guy who now does paris-dakar stuff and eventually bought back by someone who helped him with the build originally and used to take it green-laning and really wild camping! now have a disco (v8) and nobody waves :(

Welcome to the forum, I think you'll have to pay membership after one more post, but genuinely worth it for the vast array of knowledge and experience that there seems to be here!

OP
OP
Peter B

Peter B

Free Member
Nov 1, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW T4 conversion
Exp
Many years off & on
Hi Bacchus,

Both my vehicles seem to have enough power for me, both having 2.5L 5 cylinder turbo diesel engines, The VW being a more refined and reliable, as yet, engine. Wild camping does have its appeal when it is under the stars in the Sahara desert or in a remote sea shore location in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back