New member with a wife, a 7.4 big block Chevy and a 3.9 V8 to support (1 Viewer)

jackdrinker100

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hiya to all. I joined last year but haven't really had chance to use the site yet. Going to pay a bit more attention now i have a little free time. Would like to get a few jobs done to our 1989 Fleetwood Pace Arrow so we can use it for ourselves instead of me using it for work. Would love to get abroad next year and would welcome any friendly input along the way. More than happy to share what i can with anyone i can help. We live in Cornwall and are thinking about trying out full timing in our RV if we can get everything working properly. Rambling already!!!! Good to be here. Hope all are well.

Steve & Netty

:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Steve & Netty, thanks for posting - eventually:Smile: Welcome to the fun:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: Steve and Netty to MH Fun

Glad to have you join us.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome Steve and Netty, nice to see another west country member, how about joining the rest of us for the Shepton Mallet show, large number of RV'ers going and a few from cornshire as well.
Link Removed
can be extended from midday 10th -midday 14th, a great show plenty to see loads of RV bits to buy and great company. Do join us, let me know and I'll add you to the list

OP
OP
jackdrinker100

jackdrinker100

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Nice one Rog

Much appreciate the invite Roger. Got to get the RV MOT'd though and am hoping i'll get some advice on sourcing parts on this site. Will be there like a shot as soon as we are roadworthy again. Do you go to many events in your MH? It'll be great being able to just nip around the South West if there are a few like yourself who have been around a bit longer than us (i mean in the RV world, not in age!:roflmto:)

Thanks again m'man

Steve

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Hi,and a big welcome to you Steve and Netty to all the FUN :ROFLMAO:
Like you have a 1989 Fleetwood Pace Arrow had it for 5 years now,run on LPG now.and that chevy big block V8 just love it.So hope you get it pass its M.O.T OK.May get to meet up with you some time at a show,or see you on the road.So all the best to you from Pete & Shirl (Arizona Chief) :thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi Steve & Netty,

I've been full timing now in Cornwall for 7 months and love it ::bigsmile:

Any help I can give then ask away.

Boo

OP
OP
jackdrinker100

jackdrinker100

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Nice one Boo

How you doing there? Thank you for the welcome and the offer of help. i've just spoken to Duncan at Star Spangled Spanner and he can get me up and running with a bit of luck in October. Can't wait. RV is still operational but hasn't got everything working properly yet. Not sure whether to chance moving it around without MOT as i don't know the penalty for not having one so we may have to wait til Duncan fits us in. What part of Cornwall are you in? Do you like full timing now you've had a taste?
Speak again soon, take it easy.

Steve

OP
OP
jackdrinker100

jackdrinker100

Free Member
Jan 2, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Pete & Shirl

Good to meet someone with the same truck as us. I agree, the motor just sounds awesome doesn't it? I do love the roar of a V8! Glad you have now got the LPG option. Doesn't half make a difference to your pocket doesn't it. I felt the petrol pinch when i was using the RV for working on contracts up and down the country. It used to cost a bloody fortune before West Sussex Autogas Systems repaired my LPG system. Excellent to deal with if ever you need another LPG service or repair. Would be cracking if we get to meet at some point. We're definitely going to make the effort to use the bus as much as possible as soon as she's well again. take it easy for now. Feel free to drop us a line whenever.

Ta ta

Steve
::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Much appreciate the invite Roger. Got to get the RV MOT'd though and am hoping i'll get some advice on sourcing parts on this site. Will be there like a shot as soon as we are roadworthy again. Do you go to many events in your MH? It'll be great being able to just nip around the South West if there are a few like yourself who have been around a bit longer than us (i mean in the RV world, not in age!:roflmto:)

Thanks again m'man

Steve
Shame you can't make that one in time, next up that I will be marshaling is Carmarthen Show in April, hope to see you there for that one. Keep an eye on the rallies calendar as there are a few not too far away. And at 62 am probably one of the older members in the South West, but oop North there are loads of real oldies.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
How you doing there? Thank you for the welcome and the offer of help. i've just spoken to Duncan at Star Spangled Spanner and he can get me up and running with a bit of luck in October. Can't wait. RV is still operational but hasn't got everything working properly yet. Not sure whether to chance moving it around without MOT as i don't know the penalty for not having one so we may have to wait til Duncan fits us in. What part of Cornwall are you in? Do you like full timing now you've had a taste?
Speak again soon, take it easy.

Steve

Being caught with no MOT would get you a fine & points but if the copper is over keen then you could end up with your bus being towed away and impounded as your insurance would not be valid :whatthe:
You can however drive it on the road (with insurance but no MOT or tax) if you have booked it in for an MOT and are on the way there when you get stopped.

I'm far S/W Cornwall, Nr Porthtreath & Porthtowan :Smile:..........whare R U?

Fulltiming is deffo for me, I full timed in an RV a few years ago throught France & Portugal and got the bug for it there :thumb:

Boo

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome to the forum Steve & Netty! :thumb:

Hope Duncan can get you back on the road asap and look forward to meeting you both sometime. Just read your bio, and like you we are European virgins so to speak. Can't wait to get over there. (Next Spring hopefully).

All the best!

Paul & Miranda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back