New member self builder from Sheffield (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ivecobusman

ivecobusman

Free Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Iveco minibus conversion
Exp
20 years
Yes we did a coach / bus very much like yours ...look on my web site on link below this post for pine bus ...we did it how customer wanted it
Terry

Terryshbautocampers.co.uk
Yes, thanks,I've had a look, not sure the pine's quite my taste but each to their own. I like the finish you've achieved on your own vehicle, where did you get your furniture board (im looking at morland atm) and do you make your own doors up? Including the bathroom door? How do you get on with the knock in edging, any tips? A friend of mine tried some for his but said he struggled to get it looking good enough. Did you make the unit carcasses out of lightweight board too? I'm wondering whether to use standard b&q carcasses with laminate applied after, i know this will be detrimental weight wise, but it would be cheaper and I'm thinking that if i had to increase the taxable gvw a bit it wouldn't matter that much. £14 a month at the mo for 5200gross

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
:thanks4: £15 seems cheap enough
Hi and welcome , yip its worth its value in gold man :) for the amount of knowledge here.
you should have a read at Ralph n bevs panel conversion they done . they went into a lot of detail as to what they did, you can read the thread here
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
also to "tag" someone to get their attention just put an "@" before their name and start typing their name then select them, so if i wanted to tag say myself it wold be @Bart
@ivecobusman looking forward to seeing progress of your build, make a nice new thread for it :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi @ivecobusman yes all lightweight furniture ply ...knock in edgeing is easy to do just remember to keep it warm -- throw it in a drawer and shove a heat gun/ hairdryer in for a min or two ...l hated the pine bus but it's what he wanted.... Moorland have a good choice but very expensive ..depending on colour/ finish boards you want I can get boards a lot cheaper ...start a conversation with me for my phone number and we can talk catch you later
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back