New member, new motorhome, living on the edge of the Lake District, Cumbria. (1 Viewer)

TinTentTourist

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
LA15 The Furness Peninsular, Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 754
Exp
Day 1 will be 10th July 2019
Hi
We used to caravan until the kids grew too big for the beds, and had many great holidays. Now two are married and flown the nest and one is not interested in holidaying with us anymore, so we are off again...
In a couple of weeks we pick up a new Bailey Autograph 75-4, and the "adventures" will begin... just the five of us!
You will notice on my avatar there are three Cocker Spaniels, "the Girls" will be coming with us for most of our trips away.
We love Scotland, so will spend a lot of time there, and explore what is on our back door a bit more, ie the Lake District National Park.
We like peace and quiet so will will be looking for wild camping sites, and CL's, and no offence to anyone, but rallies are really not our cup of tea!
I've already had a good read on the forums, and there is a wealth of experience we will be drawing on int the future. A good site with a lot of enthusiastic members, which is excellent.
Cheers
Martin
PS. If anyone wants to visit Cumbria, they need to come to Walney Island. There are sites available here and right next to this beach which we walk on every day.
Here are "the Girls" (all sisters) along with their brother, mum, dad and auntie. This was January, but it is always beautiful...

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Welcome...and we've got mates on Walney, they've often invited us over, but we can't drive past Coniston!

Allen & Eileen

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
We used to caravan until the kids grew too big for the beds, and had many great holidays. Now two are married and flown the nest and one is not interested in holidaying with us anymore, so we are off again...
In a couple of weeks we pick up a new Bailey Autograph 75-4, and the "adventures" will begin... just the five of us!
You will notice on my avatar there are three Cocker Spaniels, "the Girls" will be coming with us for most of our trips away.
We love Scotland, so will spend a lot of time there, and explore what is on our back door a bit more, ie the Lake District National Park.
We like peace and quiet so will will be looking for wild camping sites, and CL's, and no offence to anyone, but rallies are really not our cup of tea!
I've already had a good read on the forums, and there is a wealth of experience we will be drawing on int the future. A good site with a lot of enthusiastic members, which is excellent.
Cheers
Martin
PS. If anyone wants to visit Cumbria, they need to come to Walney Island. There are sites available here and right next to this beach which we walk on every day.
Here are "the Girls" (all sisters) along with their brother, mum, dad and auntie. This was January, but it is always beautiful...

View attachment 313401
w2f
We love the Cumbria, thanks for the tip :clap2:welcome to Scotland anytime :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TinTentTourist

TinTentTourist

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
LA15 The Furness Peninsular, Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 754
Exp
Day 1 will be 10th July 2019
w2f
We love the Cumbria, thanks for the tip :clap2:welcome to Scotland anytime :cheers:

Thank you, We love the Highlands, and are regular visitors there. My wife is from Thurso, so we plan to go up there this year in the MH to visit family, and Aberdeenshire is on my list to go back to too.
So much to cram in now we have the freedom! :roflmto:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you, We love the Highlands, and are regular visitors there. My wife is from Thurso, so we plan to go up there this year in the MH to visit family, and Aberdeenshire is on my list to go back to too.
So much to cram in now we have the freedom! :roflmto:
Lived in Wick for 2 years as a young boy. Learned to Swim in an outdoor seawater pool in Thurso (y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome from just across the border in D&G, we love the lakes and visit often in the van.

I know you mentioned Rallies aren't your thing but you might be surprised if you try one, you do as little or as much as you want and no pressure so sometimes it can work out a cheap weekend camping in a nice area.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Lovely pic nearly as nice as Gwithian...hayle...enjoy your time and Bailey on....

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Welcome to MHFun Martin, we live at the other end of the Lakes, near Caldbeck.

We were down your way on Monday to visit the Age Concern Superstore near the railway station at Grange over sands to pick up some hammocks and a set of Molkke they were selling at a price we could not refuse:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi
Cheers
Martin

View attachment 313401
SueTayBon ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back