New member, hired MHs twice, but been to many shows and read lots of mags. (1 Viewer)

Thombocol

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Twice in rental vans.
I am recently retired, but put have been off a bit by the cost of buying and the dealers / press seemingly being in cahoots, i.e. I cant remember ever reading a bad magazine review. So I'm looking to suss out how to get a good MH at a fair price, hopefully Motorhome Fun is the place to do that !

OP
OP
T

Thombocol

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Twice in rental vans.
Cheers ! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I am recently retired, but put have been off a bit by the cost of buying and the dealers / press seemingly being in cahoots, i.e. I cant remember ever reading a bad magazine review. So I'm looking to suss out how to get a good MH at a fair price, hopefully Motorhome Fun is the place to do that !
:welcome4: Good idea to try it out and read loads of mags. Did the same myself before I got married :cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Thombo. you need to read this, it's free to subscribers (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
The For Sale on this forum a good place to start.

Funsters are also very good at picking the bones out of an advert, so if you find a possible one, you could post a link for advice on it.

OP
OP
T

Thombocol

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Twice in rental vans.
Thanks all for the greetings and advice.

Jim, cheers, I only see a greyed out button saying I dont have permission to download your guide. Maybe I am too new to the Fun ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks all for the greetings and advice.

Jim, cheers, I only see a greyed out button saying I dont have permission to download your guide. Maybe I am too new to the Fun ?

Hi, the guide is free to subscribers. But you can buy it here for just £7.99 . Much better value if you subscribe though.

Subscriber benefits chart2.png

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

Membership costs just £15 pa and I can assure you, you'll save at least that much in the advice, discounts etc. available to you as a full member. Best £15 you'll ever spend on motorhoming.

When we bought our first (and so far only) van 10 years ago we did lots and lots of research, visiting shows, dealers etc. We also hired twice, once to see if we liked the lifestyle (you bet!) and second to confirm our choice (found a company who hired the exact model we were looking at). The first hire threw up a couple of points we hadn't considered so it was well worth doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back