New member from Newcastle Upon Tyne heading off full time with 3 kids in April (1 Viewer)

NomadicDad

Free Member
Sep 28, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Newbie to motorhomes but lots of classic VW and camping experience
Hi all

Finally got around to paying for a proper membership on here :D

I'm Andy and the dad of a family of 5 (plus a small dog) and we are heading off in our 2012 Rimor motorhome for 12 months or so as of April 2018. The general plan is to home school / Un school / Road School our children in order to give each of our 3 children an individualised education using the whole of Europe as our classroom.

Our initial plan is to start by going North in April around Scotland before heading over to Holland in May via the ferry in North Shields then up to Denmark, Sweden and Norway and back down through Finland and Estonia etc to end up in Spain / Portugal around September / October however this will most likely change A LOT when we actually get on the road!

I have a personal blog which explains all the above in more details if interested here and looking forward to becoming as active as I can on here to learn and help others as and when I can.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Hi-smiley.png

No lack of ambition , will follow with interest , and I am sure others will as well , lots of experience on the minutiae on here so don't be afraid to ask , lots better than doing it the hard way .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Go for it(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Welcome!
We have bumped into families in Spain and Morocco and in each case the children seemed to be exceptionally well adjusted and thorooughly enjoying the experience.
Good luck on your travels.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Really envy you guys honestly do. I Wanted to do the same with my kids many moons ago. I honestly believe that I lost out on such a lot then:(. Get as much from it as you possibly can and whatever happens ....dont grow up ! Life's too short!
Bon Voyage ..I think the phrase is?
As my beloved would say....The hills are alive with the sound of Music ( And kiddies laughter) :Grin:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:
Hi - sounds like you've already had a pretty adventurous life - read your blog, which is great.

Good luck on your new family endeavours and enjoy your travels! (y)

OP
OP
NomadicDad

NomadicDad

Free Member
Sep 28, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
:welcome3:
Hi - sounds like you've already had a pretty adventurous life - read your blog, which is great.

Good luck on your new family endeavours and enjoy your travels! (y)

Thanks for the kind words sir :blusher: Life is what you make of it I think and if blind people like this guy can get out and explore the World then I have very little to complain about!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
good luck to you! I think your children will grow up embracing different cultures and not fearing them as so many do these days.
I have one complaint......wot about France?

OP
OP
NomadicDad

NomadicDad

Free Member
Sep 28, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
good luck to you! I think your children will grow up embracing different cultures and not fearing them as so many do these days.
I have one complaint......wot about France?
We are heading North first as we don't want to be in central Europe in peak summer but we intend to spend some time in France either on our way down to Spain and Portugal around September or on our way back next Spring (y)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
We are heading North first as we don't want to be in central Europe in peak summer but we intend to spend some time in France either on our way down to Spain and Portugal around September or on our way back next Spring (y)

check on here by PM if we are at home and call into Parc Verger in the Haute Vienne and we will tip a glass ..... On me!
Now you cannot ask more of a Scotsman with a wife ( manager) from Yorkshire!

OP
OP
NomadicDad

NomadicDad

Free Member
Sep 28, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Thanks so much @Munchie for the kind offer! Is that your camping park then?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, we have a static there as a base. A house did not make sense as we tour. At the moment we are at Totana midway between Murcia and Lorca in Spain till early March. Then back to Parc Verger then UK to visit daughter, grandbrats, great grandbrats and sundry relatives. Then who knows...Germany...Holland....living the dream!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
BTW we do not own Parc Verger we are just based there.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well done that family just wish we had the ball's to do it various reasons from financial to health have stooped us good luck with your adventure
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back