Rally New Meet with Meat and crazy happenings... (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
A bit of sick has just come into my mouth :Eeek:

Hahaha

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
I appear on the list of 25 as being booked for this 'do'. (Our first one) I haven't had a PM yet from Monsieur Haganap and I won't be able to get there until late Friday evening because of work.

I'm not going to turn up and have to turn around am I? :worried:

She who must be obeyed would admonish me!

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I appear on the list of 25 as being booked for this 'do'. (Our first one) I haven't had a PM yet from Monsieur Haganap and I won't be able to get there until late Friday evening because of work.

I'm not going to turn up and have to turn around am I? :worried:

She who must be obeyed would admonish me!

Paul

Hi Paul

I be been through the list from start to finish..I can not see you on the list anywhere....

This meet is fully booked and i would hate to turn someone away. .can you show me where you are on the list?

Last edited:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hello Paul,
I hope to be with you some time between 2&4pm on friday will be using the postcode CW4 8EQ
I will be preparing the culinary delight of FB pie with peas and potatoes.

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just got back from the butchers with some prime beef for the Boef Bourgignon, so you can keep the pies or send them to J.J.:cooler::cooler::cooler:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Paul, did you get my PM to you regarding the meet ?,

Ken. :drink::drink:

Fun Continental night

New from the haganaps wild and stupid ideas collection comes a fun night for all at the Cranage Village Hall.

This is a quick in and out meet with the emphasis on having a laugh, doing some cooking and making yourself look a little on the daft side.

The long and short of this is that we have hired a hall, have hard standing along with Elsan point and water as well as some kitchen facilities tables and chairs.

Friday- is arrival day and no arrivals are allowed before 2pm making this meet a great opportunity for the workers of the world to rejoice wherever you come from and the retired generation to amble along at your own leisure. Friday evening will be nothing more than a get together in the hall with some soft music and a welcome aboard drink and chat with wine and cheese.

With the Smelliest cheese competition taking place at 10pm...
so go now funsters, find the most rancid eddable cheese you can.

Saturday- is where it’s at!!! Saturday is party day/night. With all funsters actively engaging in some special Jacobs table American Buffet get together. The theme is ICI (Indian Chinese or Italian) so even the worst cooks amongst us will be able to throw a pizza in the oven!!!. However, Nikki has now informed me that she is dragging me kicking and screaming to the continental word and wishes for even further dishes from afar.... Goulash (whatever that is) and alike from anywhere you like (no Mcdonald's please)

The night will be supplemented by some fine wine or ale of your choice that you wish to bring along and we can then get seriously down to business, I have lined up a few 1980’s game-shows along with the Motorhome Mastermind 2014 championship, which will take about 5 mins to complete, Mr & Mrs and if I can sort it out... Bullseye. There might be some karaoke, there might not, who knows, we will simply see how it goes and how involved people get and by experience this could be very involved.

Sunday morning will be strong black coffee morning in the hall and time to go off with all vans having to vacate by 3pm for insurance reasons.

The Venue will be the Cranage Village hall Cranage. Simply put it is junction 18 of the M6 and a mile down the road.

It is approximately a mile to Spinney motorhomes from the hall where there is a very large stock of both Motorhomes and accessories for you to browse. The other direction is the quaint village of Holmes Chapel where the birth of the famous Harry Styles from the famous “one direction” took place!!!

At present I have space for 25 units but sadly no RV’s due to access and space.

The cost for the weekend of fun will be £19.25 which covers Hall rental, unit price and a bit for fun nibbles. There is no electric hook up but you won’t need it for this length of time, It’s a case of Get in Get funned and get out. Payment will be via paypal or chq prepaid due to the cost of outlay of the hall and I will request payment at a later date.
So book now,
no miserable MHs allowed,

THE DATE
FRIDAY THE 10TH OCTOBER- SUNDAY THE 12TH OCTOBER
So far, those stupid enough to attend are--
Haganap
Drago65
Terry
Jim&Sian
Cliffandger
Mousey

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Hi Paul

I be been through the list from start to finish..I can not see you on the list anywhere....

This meet is fully booked and i would hate to turn someone away. .can you show me where you are on the list?
We're booked on as well :)

:reel:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Paul do you have a final list of who is attending? Maybe putting it on here might clear up some confusion. Just a thought:think:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok, so the list below is compiled from Nikki's list-
she is more acurate than I.

if you believe you should be on the list and you are not, then I would suggest you PM me urgently please.

we are pushed for space. its going to be like an aire with some on grass, no not smoking it. !!!!
looking forward to it.

Fun Continental night

New from the haganaps wild and stupid ideas collection comes a fun night for all at the Cranage Village Hall.

This is a quick in and out meet with the emphasis on having a laugh, doing some cooking and making yourself look a little on the daft side.

The long and short of this is that we have hired a hall, have hard standing along with Elsan point and water as well as some kitchen facilities tables and chairs.

Friday- is arrival day and no arrivals are allowed before 2pm making this meet a great opportunity for the workers of the world to rejoice wherever you come from and the retired generation to amble along at your own leisure. Friday evening will be nothing more than a get together in the hall with some soft music and a welcome aboard drink and chat with wine and cheese.

With the Smelliest cheese competition taking place at 10pm...
so go now funsters, find the most rancid eddable cheese you can.

Saturday- is where it’s at!!! Saturday is party day/night. With all funsters actively engaging in some special Jacobs table American Buffet get together. The theme is ICI (Indian Chinese or Italian) so even the worst cooks amongst us will be able to throw a pizza in the oven!!!. However, Nikki has now informed me that she is dragging me kicking and screaming to the continental word and wishes for even further dishes from afar.... Goulash (whatever that is) and alike from anywhere you like (no Mcdonald's please)

The night will be supplemented by some fine wine or ale of your choice that you wish to bring along and we can then get seriously down to business, I have lined up a few 1980’s game-shows along with the Motorhome Mastermind 2014 championship, which will take about 5 mins to complete, Mr & Mrs and if I can sort it out... Bullseye. There might be some karaoke, there might not, who knows, we will simply see how it goes and how involved people get and by experience this could be very involved.

Sunday morning will be strong black coffee morning in the hall and time to go off with all vans having to vacate by 3pm for insurance reasons.

The Venue will be the Cranage Village hall Cranage. Simply put it is junction 18 of the M6 and a mile down the road.

It is approximately a mile to Spinney motorhomes from the hall where there is a very large stock of both Motorhomes and accessories for you to browse. The other direction is the quaint village of Holmes Chapel where the birth of the famous Harry Styles from the famous “one direction” took place!!!

At present I have space for 25 units but sadly no RV’s due to access and space.

The cost for the weekend of fun will be £19.25 which covers Hall rental, unit price and a bit for fun nibbles. There is no electric hook up but you won’t need it for this length of time, It’s a case of Get in Get funned and get out. Payment will be via paypal or chq prepaid due to the cost of outlay of the hall and I will request payment at a later date.
So book now,
no miserable MHs allowed,

THE DATE
FRIDAY THE 10TH OCTOBER- SUNDAY THE 12TH OCTOBER
So far, those stupid enough to attend are--
1 Haganap
2 Drago65 (birthday girl on board)
3 Terry
4 Jim&Sian
5 Cliffandger
6 Mousey
7 Teddy bard
8 Movan
9 Mikmcglynn
10 Busman
11 Ralphandbev
12 Jimbohorlickswithwine
13 just looking
14 Davidg58
15 Ven (birthday girl on board)
16 triclops
17 Mittymad
18 Carol
19 Les
20 Martin
21 Hilldweller
22 gloworm

23 taranlass
24 Toledo
25 burtonbird
26 Snoozywoozy
27 panda
Stephen & Jeannie
29 Daveandsan
30 Gerri19

As the weather is going to hold, I can now offer a few more pitches on Grass if you would like to come and join in the fun.

everybody on the list should of received a pm with instructions, if not please let me know.

it reads like this

Final information...

Only a few days to go until we all get together for another fun weekend so here are the reminders.....

Please make sure you do not arrive before 2 pm on the Friday as if you do no one will be there and you will not be able to get on the car park.

Payment will be on the day on arrival and will cost £20 for a fun packed weekend.Payment will be on the day on arrival and will be£19.25 for a fun packed weekend, or if everyone pays £20 it will save us having to bring pockets full of change and the excess can be donated to pancreatic cancer research, a charity close to Nikki's heart.

Please park as directed by Nikki who will be marshaling, ably assisted by Mike & Carol. If you want to park next to someone please try to arrive together, although the car park is "cosy" so no-one will be far away.

The theme....

As I'm sure you will be aware the theme is fun....
Friday night is wine and smelly cheese night...A little get together and meet and greet a few people if this is your first time don't worry..funsters are generally friendly...

Saturday night is continental cook night....you make it we will eat it. just something simple or complicated it goes on the table for 6.47 pm. You don't have to take part but you will enjoy it more if you do.....

Then we watch the evening develop....Some old fashioned game shows and you're chance to win a car!!!! So come on down and play your cards right...

Sunday morning will see the pigs safe with no bacon rolls but croissants and coffee on offer and a quick clean up of the hall before we get on our way for 3pm

Things to do..

Spinney motorhomes is a 2 min drive so go and splash out your last 50k before its too late.

The small market town of Holmes Chapel is less than a mile in the opposite direction. Jodrell Bank Observatory is also within easy driving distance.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are no longer able to make this meet, otherwise can you let me know on this thread your ETA and we look forward to seeing you on 10 October.

the entrance to the village hall is easy to miss. Make sure that if you are coming out of Holmes Chapel you keep your eyes peeled for the fun banner on the left. The best way is via junction 18 from the M6 in to Holmes chapel and turn left at the mini roundabout of which there are 2 together.

From the North via the a 50 through Knutsford is best.

I AM LOOKING FOR ENTERTAINERS FOR SATURDAY NIGHT I HAVE SOME LINED UP IF YOU WOULD LIKE A LITTLE SLOT TO SING A SONG, SAY A POEM OR TELL A JOKE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THE FRIDAY....

Reactions: Ven
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Is there still room Paul if I get finished early enough from work we will arrive Friday night falling that sat morning
bill

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
3rd across 2 down?

Attachments

• holmes chapel meet.jpg
    holmes chapel meet.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks for that Paul...This is a new system that I am unaware of..I anticipated that i would get those replies but haven't for some reason...I'll have to speak with jim to see what went wrong
I have 3 on that list that are not on our list so it's going to be a little more cosy than I anticipated...but we will work it out.
So see you Friday after 2.3o

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Cheers Paul

we might not make it for the Friday night but rock up Saturday a.m instead (I'm working late)

Either way we only need a small corner to jiggle ourselves into:sneaky:

See you all then. It's our first rally so be gentle guys.:love:

Paul
PS - If we did turn up late Friday (say around 9pm or 10 pm would that be a problem or would the Saturday morning be better?)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back