TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've decided that the mattress in our 07 Swift Bolero, french bed, is now sagging a bit too much in the centre so we're looking for a replacement.

Can anyone recommend anywhere with a good reputation? Although we're on Tyneside willing to travel for the right one.

John Coulson

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
30 years
Highly recommend the Duvalay mattresses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was at the NEC today and quite a few vans are fitting the Duvalay mattress it is very cumfy as I tried it out but I don't think it will be cheap :)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Tested Ikea mattresses with zipped covers . Chose the one we found comfortable . unzipped cover and using old one as a pattern on top cut with an electric knife . zipped back up tucking the extra cover material underneath . Job done ! Good price and very comfortable .

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Tested Ikea mattresses with zipped covers . Chose the one we found comfortable . unzipped cover and using old one as a pattern on top cut with an electric knife . zipped back up tucking the extra cover material underneath . Job done ! Good price and very comfortable .

Brilliant........................ and at a price even a Yorkshire man would appreciate.:clap2::clap2:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Brought this from Argos (Broken Link Removed) and replaced the fixed bed mattresses.

Laid the old mattresses onto the new one and marked it up. Easily cut with a new blade in the Stanley knife.

Even stripped the covers from the old mattress and squeezed them back onto the memory foam, so no more lumps and bumps:)

IMG_0322.JPG

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for replies so far.

Not very keen on cutting down to fit.

Like the idea of a Duvalay but anyone know who makes them for motorhomes?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Anything at Ikea?
Make sure its not too heavy so you can' lift the bed up.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
There are lots of companies on the web that make mattresses for motorhomes and boats.

You could add a Froli spring system to improve your new mattress if necessary - http://frolisleepsystems.com

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
We've decided that the mattress in our 07 Swift Bolero, french bed, is now sagging a bit too much in the centre so we're looking for a replacement.

Can anyone recommend anywhere with a good reputation? Although we're on Tyneside willing to travel for the right one.
Hi Terry. We have a 2009 Swift Bolero. A couple of years ago we decided to replace the mattress and after a bit of research and a few phone calls we made contact with the company that originally supplied mattresses to Swifts. The good news was they replaced the mattress for free. The not so good news was that it was only made of foam. Not as good quality as the original. The Company name is Leasure Furnishings, the person we spoke to Elaine. Phone number 01159463666. Worth a call

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
The company are based at Long Eaton near Nottingham

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks everyone. I'm really not too sure about foam mattresses, unless they're the top quality such as Duvalay. I have come across a couple of places that offer 1000 box spring types which I rather like the look of (we've got a similar type on the bed at home which is gloriously comfortable) but I'm a bit concerned about the weight. Think the way forward is to take accurate measurements then get quotes from a few places.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back