New maps and sat nav for android free (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
having used nokia phone with nokia maps for years , I have always found them the best by far and they work off line , well now you can download them into android phones and tablets, just go to play store and put in here maps, iv downloaded it and it seems to work fine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
An alternative is OsmAnd which is a downloadable version of Open Street Map for Android. It works off-line and the maps have an enormous amount of detail on them and are especially useful in cities if you are on foot and want to find say the post office or a specific street. If you want to download all the maps available there is a small cost but you can download I think it is four map packs for free when you first install it, and as one pack is the whole of Spain and another France the 4 free maps will be enough for most people. At the bottom of the home page on the link below there is an example map and if you click the radio buttons you can toggle between the various types of data available: http://www.osmand.net/

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
having used nokia phone with nokia maps for years , I have always found them the best by far and they work off line , well now you can download them into android phones and tablets, just go to play store and put in here maps, iv downloaded it and it seems to work fine.
What a bugger ! Been trying to download it for ages and it keeps failing at about 10 meg .. Will keep on trying though !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Done it ! Cool as a cool thing !! Thanks for he heads up :)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Can I download it to my ipad mini and how? Mr Dimbo!

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
An alternative is OsmAnd which is a downloadable version of Open Street Map for Android. It works off-line and the maps have an enormous amount of detail on them and are especially useful in cities if you are on foot and want to find say the post office or a specific street. If you want to download all the maps available there is a small cost but you can download I think it is four map packs for free when you first install it, and as one pack is the whole of Spain and another France the 4 free maps will be enough for most people. At the bottom of the home page on the link below there is an example map and if you click the radio buttons you can toggle between the various types of data available: http://www.osmand.net/

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can I download it to my ipad mini and how? Mr Dimbo!

colyboy
I have been having a bit of a play with it and found if you register with here maps and then go to www.heremaps On your iPad you can get the maps up for planning and stuff and gets your routs up but not the sat nav part

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back