New LPG adaptor (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi guys theirs a new adaptor out, the Unified European nozzle or Euronozzel, see here: Fahren mit Autogas in Europa (Thats to captmike for this info) I assume that eventually all sites will convert to it, its been reported that the new site at Malaga has this and doesn't stock adaptors.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have gone with the french clawgun? or is that to simple.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Standardisation is long overdue and very welcome.. perhaps there is a perfectly good safety reason..

this new gun and adaptor (allegedly) prevent the woosshh of liquid gas when disconnecting ..
not normally a problem, but anything that makes it safer must be a step forward ..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi jim, that could be true, as it looks similar if not identical to the hydraulic quick disconnect couplings, and you never got a great deal of spillage with them. I wonder what the gun looks like.

I haven't been able to find a supplier in the UK yet, have you?

Olley

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi guys theirs a new adaptor out,
Olley

Looks *very* EU, 10 times more complicated design than any existing solution. All they needed to do was nominate one of the perfectly good adaptors we have today and if they picked the right one then probably 50% would need no change.

Far too simple.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , this has been around for a bit [ couple of years in spain ] but the first thing we need to do is agree the name!

euronozzle is just fine with me....I have seen acme called euroconnector , and dutch , AND italian cup ...all wrong of course

but this is an agreed european standard , and is a HUGE improvement , much easier to connect , and virtually no spillage when you disconnect ; many women wouldn't use any of the old systems , not enough strength in their hands and don't like the blast of gas when disconnecting ; not to mention the pollution , of course

if you watch the video clip you will see how much better this is ! the maximum loss of lpg permitted in this design is 0.1 ml

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]YouTube - Euro connector - nowy pistolet do tankowania[/ame]

I've just stopped running any vehicles on lpg after 25 years , so they finally come up with a decent system! c'est la vie

btw , haven't seen anyone selling the adaptors in the uk as yet , I emailed tinley tech but they didn't bother to answer ; will look in spain

hooray for the EU , a bit slow because every country wants THEIR idea ; but they get there in the end ...this has taken 7 years

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
well , this has been around for a bit [ couple of years in spain ] but the first thing we need to do is agree the name!
hooray for the EU , a bit slow because every country wants THEIR idea ; but they get there in the end ...this has taken 7 years

Quite impressive. I stand corrected.

What you can see is lobbying at it's best. That firm has come up with a good idea and pushed it into law. Now everyone gets to pay them a licence fee.

Unless I'm wrong again and they have generously put the design into the public domain.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
no company holds a patent brian
the EU technical people came up with a norm ...EN13760
any company can then design their own equipment to meet this norm

I thought this below was an excellent way to meet the needs of the various markets ... bear in mind the EU are not demanding everyone changes , at a guess it will be 10 years before everyone sees sense , but as long as the new pistolet designs are used [ like here] that will already be a step forward

Link Removed

incidentally the press release is incorrect , spain has never used the italian dish

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think yer half right Brian most of the Euro bods will have bought shares in the company before anouncing the new gizmo:thumb:

AH, you confirm my faith in cynical old men, or not so old in your case.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
as john McEnroe would say , you cannot be serious
I thought only british companies tried rip off 's like that
last adaptor I bought cost €4 ...okay prices are up since that , let's say €8 now

but btw , notice that the items are correctly described , 21.8 mm thread in this case , the size that I personally use

Last edited:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
how would you know which of the companies making this you should buy shares in geo ?
they are all already making these lpg items anyway , exactly which design won't affect their profits a lot !

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Cant be too sure but it looks like one of the adaptors in the euro accessoires catalogue . havent got a price . A friend dropped this french catalogue in earlier this year. Came from a charente evasion m,home shop.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi all, to be honest it doesnt look hard to make your own if you had a decent lathe and a lump of brass!! had a look at it yesterday and its got a valve in which stops the hiss when you remove the pistolet, but you still get the hiss and liquid gas all over your hands when you unscrew the adaptor.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
do you mean you have one seanoo ?
I presumed there was a valve in the adaptor as well , just like on a vehicle filler

and just looked at the euro accessoires catalogue on line , they just have the acme and dutch adaptors for sale ....they sell the borel refillable bottle , which is a superior version of gaslow ...4 hole version by the look of it

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I could be wrong but is it not like the connector in the truck kit part no.920012.
May not be was just a thought. on second look at both it may be different.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
no lebesset i havent got one but i had to borrow one yesterday to fill my gaslow up at the new repsol station in malaga. i put a post on in motorhome chat under gaslow, there is also a photo of it i took yesterday. the guy wanted €70 for the adaptor:ROFLMAO:so i declined and borrowed it instead. he bought his from italy as he couldnt get one in spain!! regards sean

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
aha , finally someone who has found the new station in malaga , how long has it been open ?
is it a normal filling station or lpg only ? presumably only the new pistolet

and do you have an external filler , or take your bottle out and fill it ?

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi lebessett, its a normal filling station with lpg ( pump 3) and its been open two months. i have sited the filler just inside the gas locker and yes its the new pistolet. will post the gps coords tomorrow, really easy to find. all the best sean

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Malaga autogas station is on my Spanish Autogas map, with coordinates. But to save you looking: GPS: 36.69028,-4.483045 you can even look at it on Googles "Street View"

Autogas map of Spain - Google Maps

Olley

Last edited:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
thanks all , after years of rumours and promises finally an lpg pump on the costa del sol!!!

of course as I gave up running lpg vehicles a few months ago and can get gas cheaper by swopping my repsol bottle I don't need it it iberia ...I note that portugal is said to be changing as well

however this will undoubtedly come everywhere in the years to come I shall be looking out for a 21.8 mm adaptor at a reasonable price for when it does

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
don't forget to check
the size of the thread you need ....21.8 is the most common but there are other sizes

captmike

Free Member
Nov 26, 2008
Cambs & S. Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How much is it please & how much is the postage to uk

Thanks

Traveller

Check out ebay shop under the name gasfachfrau item description "Eurofülladapter Euronozzle an 21.8 Fülladapter LPG". The shop is partly in German but you don't need to be a genius to work it out. "Only" £26 + about a fiver postage to anywhere in Europe.

Cheers,

Mike

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Standardisation is long overdue and very welcome.. perhaps there is a perfectly good safety reason..

this new gun and adaptor (allegedly) prevent the woosshh of liquid gas when disconnecting ..
not normally a problem, but anything that makes it safer must be a step forward ..

jim

This true Jim, The problem is that the adapter sticks outside the receptacle and has to be removed in order to put the cover on. Soooo you still have the loss of gas coming out of the onboard hose and the fitting has to removed under pressure and the risk of a freeze burn.

On the whole a bloody stupid idea until the whole of the world uses the same fitting and then there is no need to remove it.

Doug...

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
olley , I have used the barajas [ madrid ]airport filling station for lpg for some years and it would be fine for your rig ; last time I was there they had both euronozzle and dutch pumps , and open 24 hours as well

far more convenient than the city centre one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back