New Laws In France From Today (1 Viewer)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
John, this is Motorhome FUN, my comment was tongue in cheek aimed at the many many people on Fun that have met us, and our dogs, and would know immediately.

To be fair, I think it was quite obvious it was tongue in cheek :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thomas our pom will not settle unless he is in his cage. his choice not ours.

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
was going to france in mid august. not now will just sneek through calais to belgium

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
I was wondering how I stand as I have been using a pair of hearing aids which use Bluetooth to connect to the radio which has built in phone connectivity. If someone calls me, the radio (which was coming through the hearing aid) mutes and the call comes through the hearing aid (the mike is up near the sun visor)
So I could be fined for using earphones (in the ear) and using a mobile phone whilst listening to the radio. That would be at least 9 points and probably Madame Guillotine. Or I could turn the whole lot off and not hear any traffic horns or police sirens or the Satnav for a lesser fine. I think this amounts to discrimination against those people with impaired hearing and will be taking this up with the European Court or Human Rights first thing on Monday.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I was wondering how I stand as I have been using a pair of hearing aids which use Bluetooth to connect to the radio which has built in phone connectivity. If someone calls me, the radio (which was coming through the hearing aid) mutes and the call comes through the hearing aid (the mike is up near the sun visor)
So I could be fined for using earphones (in the ear) and using a mobile phone whilst listening to the radio. That would be at least 9 points and probably Madame Guillotine. Or I could turn the whole lot off and not hear any traffic horns or police sirens or the Satnav for a lesser fine. I think this amounts to discrimination against those people with impaired hearing and will be taking this up with the European Court or Human Rights first thing on Monday.

Or just turn off the 'phone?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Just carry your prescription for the said hearing aids . They can't fine you for that.

BUT......Of course the best thing to do would be to use them for what they are meant for...noLOUD music in the van , phone switched off, as they can always say ,there's no prescription on here for music and phone .....if you see what I mean!.

I will have my earplug(ON) next to me on the other seat., the music will be playing(NOT in a way I can't hear the traffic), but if I have to make choices , I will make the safer ones, just for me not because of whoever said this or that. There are quite a few things I don't like about the new laws (not only about driving) but I will try to use my BRAIN to see what is dangerous and what is not. If I am alone on a motorway or if I'm not, if I'm tired or full of energy.
Laws are just there to help you being a tad more serious....I think!

I don't think I have been very serious filming while driving 3 years ago.......

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
To date I genuinely do not know how to turn my TomToms radar detector off.

You can't because it doesn't have one. What you may have is a database of known fixed and mobile camera locations.

You can find out how to turn that off here: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/an...ed-camera-or-danger-zone-alerts-on-my-device?

Radar detectors are things like Road Angel which actively detects the signals from certain types of camera.

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/radar-laser-detector.htm

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
@Larby If I just turn off my phone, how will I know if I am entitled to a large PPI refund or if someone's records indicate I have recently been involved in an accident and £3745.23 is waiting for me in compensation or that due to a recent flight delay I can claim compensation (even though they were unable to get the van in the hold). These people don't usually leave messages.
Actually I always drive with the phone off (as I'm sure you may have guessed) but it does raise a point about earphones.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Obviously your comment was tongue in cheek, fair enough. :LOL:
Perhaps they don't have PPI or ambulance chasing in France? so Monsieur Policeman wouldn't understand the importance. Shame to lose all that dosh though.:eek:
Have the call transferred to me and I'll get OH to answer it:D

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
You can't because it doesn't have one. What you may have is a database of known fixed and mobile camera locations.
I may be wrong but I thought it was not permitted to have or use information about French radar cameras, so I was searching to remove this data to keep on the right side of the 'flicks'
Alan

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I thought the new Tom toms etc complied with French law by default .

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
What gendarmes? I expect all those 'laws' apply in the UK.
Our dog, pictured, has to be tethered or she fancies herself as the driver!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
So now if you need a drink, you have to pull over onto a motorway aire with the risk of being gassed or robber...;) Why would anyone want to put themselves through it.......:cool:
Still trying to get my head around this. OK, robbers are anywhere in the world not just on motorway Aires in France.
Gassing? Many hundreds of accusations and suggestions of gassing but has anyone actually been gassed? Not your friend, neighbour or his/her friends, not your relatives who can be trusted but you! Who has actually been gassed at a French motorway aire?
I've seen reports in papers, particularly the family who were gassed and wasn't there at least 4 adults and they had Rolex watches and designer shoes and Gucci handbags and wallets? Who's suggesting a fraudulent insurance claim?
What about the racing driver and his g/f who were gassed in their Villa and besides the designer clothes etc (OK, they could have designer clothes and Rolex watches), a ring worth £250,000 was stolen? Were their robbers ever caught? Were they ever there? Medical tests failed to find any noxious or toxic gasses in either of them. To gas any area one would have to obtain, in large quantities, the correct type of gas to render the people unconscious but without fatalities and have the knowledge how much to use. The royal society of aneathatists (probably spelt wrong) couldn't accept that anyone could obtain, use and guarantee survival for just robbery and the cost is also another factor.
OK, maybe I'm a little more cynical than a few but those genuine people who have been gassed, please form an orderly queue.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
@EX51SSS perhaps you missed the 'wink' smiley in the quote ?

I don't think any fun member believes is the gassing fairy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dillon is always attached to the far end of one of the bench seats with a tether that just allows him to lay between the front seats.
Tried him in a cage.
He ate the bedding and the whining drove us batchy !
As for eating.. Same rule applies all over Europe.. If I am gonna scoff I am constantly on the look out for anyone who might be interested in what I am up to and take appropriate action if I suspect anyone at all............
The flip flop rule has been in place in Spain for gawd knows how long.. As a Croc wearer, I always slip the heel bar to where it should be, on the heel.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is vaping ok?
Buttons will be along soon, he has a smoking / vaping alert app. (y)
It is definitely out on two counts, one it is smoking while driving and two with certain flavors it is eating while driving. I think that apple pie and custard is popular choice.:rolleyes::)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
@EX51SSS perhaps you missed the 'wink' smiley in the quote ?

I don't think any fun member believes is the gassing fairy
Well to be fair, yes I did miss the wink and smiley face but isn't it possible that other funsters might miss them too especially the newbies. I truly appreciate this is a fun site and quite a lot is tongue in cheek but I'm convinced some will read it and take it as fact as in the Top Gear programme about speeding up to stop a caravan snaking.
Fair comment though.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
People aren't stupid! Dog owners know if their dog is uncontrollable In their vehicles, if they are likely to want to walk about or jump. They Would strap them down, but most dogs I know just want to curl up in their beds and sleep. Vans don't come with anywhere to strap your dog up to, and cages are big and cumbersome. We have the bed behind the seat they can't be thrown under the pedals and driving with a dog! Child or anything else on your knee is Dangerous driving and should bring a prosecution. My dogs are safer on the floor than sat on a seat with a safety strap on them I Know I've tried it! It ended up dangling over the front of the seat trying to jump down, IT was safe I wasn't !!trying to make sure it didn't wasn't strangling itself.

But people are STUPID,,,they still use phones whilst driving,,they don't wear seatbelts,,they drink (take drugs) and drive,,speed in dangerous places etc etc.BUSBY.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It is definitely out on two counts, one it is smoking while driving and two with certain flavors it is eating while driving. I think that apple pie and custard is popular choice.:rolleyes::)
Come on buttons, let it go mate.

You know it isnt smoking, that involves inhaling a gas produced by burning an orginic material....aka, tobacco.
What you refer to is inhaling an electronically produced, flavoured vapour.

As a child, did your mum never stick your head over a pudding basin full of steaming water and a dollop of vicks with a towel over to clear a blocked nose ?
I guess not as that would, by your own observations, make you a smoker.

But i guess it is the same thing as far as the action is concerned....and you cant 'eat' a gaseous substance.

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I assume all the redundant Health & Safety geeks that have ruined the UK have moved to France. I cannot believe the UK haven't implimented these rules before the rest of the world, we are slipping.
Are we allowed to swallow? or is that classed as consuming something.
I can't wait for the UK edition of these rules as no doubt we will impliment a dozen to France's two.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Come on buttons, let it go mate.
You know it isnt smoking, that involves inhaling a gas produced by burning an orginic material....aka, tobacco.
What you refer to is inhaling an electronically produced, flavoured vapour.
As a child, did your mum never stick your head over a pudding basin full of steaming water and a dollop of vicks with a towel over to clear a blocked nose ?
I guess not as that would, by your own observations, make you a smoker.
But i guess it is the same thing as far as the action is concerned....and you cant 'eat' a gaseous substance.
Lets face it ppj e-cigarettes are just a high tech version of taking and sharing Snuff or chewing tobacco with the same antisocial addictive tendencies.;)
Broken Link Removed

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Lets face it ppj e-cigarettes are just a high tech version of taking and sharing Snuff or chewing tobacco with the same antisocial addictive tendencies.;)
Broken Link Removed

Good old Buttons!!
Reliable to a fault. :clap2:

Not about vaping, Buttons.
Let it go. :wink:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Lets face it ppj e-cigarettes are just a high tech version of taking and sharing Snuff or chewing tobacco with the same antisocial addictive tendencies and banning it while driving in France must be a good move.;)
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back