New, in need of your great advise (1 Viewer)

Jameshadfield

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
Looking to rent
Exp
Hello my name is James .

I want to rent a motorhome for the weekend of the 6th 7th and 8th of November 2015.
It is for a small photographic tour I'm doing with a group of people, probably around wales. I live in London however would be picking people up in Yorkshire so need to hire something around Yorkshire preferably . Not essential but might make more sense.

If you guys could share your expert knowledge I would be so grateful.

What I need to know is.

How do I go about renting a motorhome?

Where can I hire a more luxury motorhome carrying 6 people?.

I drive a long wheel base sprinter a lot so I will be fine driving a larger motorhome, with standard uk licence.

Where would you recommend in wales or any other locations with stunning costal sites ?

Do you have a luxury motorhome to hire or know anyone that does?

Is it worth going to the NEC show this week? will there be rentals?

Any other questions I should be asking at this stage?

Looking forward to all your comments

Thanks ,James (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi James, 99.9% of people here are owners and probably won't know of any reputable hire companies. I certainly don't. I do know some dealers will hire, but mostly when you have the intention to buy. As for Wales. The Gower and anywhere in Pembrokeshire are definitely some of the best places in Europe to go in a motorhome (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Depending on your age (not prying but it matters) unless you have taken extra tests you may be restricted to under 3.5 ton vehicles, if you passed your test before around 1997 you should be OK for bigger

You are not likely to get 6 people in anything under 3.5 tons and there are very few Motorhomes with 6 seat belts

A bit more planning may be needed (y)

But there are plenty of firms hiring MH's, hopefully they will check your licence before hiring

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Google "motorhome hire yorkshire" - one result is this, which I think you'll find useful

Broken Link Removed

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think your plans are sunk then, a motorhome carrying and sleeping 6 people and weighing under 3.5 tons doesn't exist to the best of my knowledge, add in the need for luxury and it is a definite no

Or you need 2 or three motorhomes (y):)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Try www.motorholme.co.uk and look at the Chausson Flash 03' which is a 6 berth and has a max weight of 3.5 ton.

I hired one from these people in September, not cheap but no problems! They have depots throughout the UK.

No involvement with them, just a satisfied customer.

Good luck!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Just be aware that a motorhome which can SLEEP 6 won't necessarily be able to TRANSPORT 6 (daft I know, but it's true!) so make sure that you make your requirements clear to anyone you're hiring from.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Get one of these :)
Folded_Trailer.jpg
Raclet-Floreal-480r-Trailer-Tent-20140920084603.jpg

Big enough ?(y)

OP
OP
J

Jameshadfield

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
Looking to rent
Exp
There are plenty under 3.5 that carry 6 as passengers. Thats not in issue. Seatbelts for everyone.

Trailer tents are just a ball ache. Had one. Hard work.

OP
OP
J

Jameshadfield

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
Looking to rent
Exp
Thank you
Try www.motorholme.co.uk and look at the Chausson Flash 03' which is a 6 berth and has a max weight of 3.5 ton.

I hired one from these people in September, not cheap but no problems! They have depots throughout the UK.

No involvement with them, just a satisfied customer.

Good luck!
That's very helpful indeed. Your knowledge is upto date lol unlike some....
How much was your rent cost?

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
We hired for a week and including collision damage waiver was just shy of £600.

However - that gave a limited mileage cap of 100 miles a day which was ok with is as we were only off to Edinburgh so we'd be well within the 700 miles allowable with a weeks hire. More miles and extras like bedding being provided will add to the cost.

Although the vehicle had 6 berths and 6 belted seats, you'd have to get on pretty well to contain 6 in the living space available!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
P
Your knowledge is upto date lol unlike some....

Not sure I like your tone, there really are not plenty of options and weight is a serious issue

6 of you will weigh around 400 kg even you average 10 stone each, there are not many MH's under 3.5tons with a payload that will take that let alone the stuff you need clothes bedding etc

I wish you luck in your search, but do urge you to be cautious on what you are offered and can realistically achieve legally

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
P

Not sure I like your tone, there really are not plenty of options and weight is a serious issue

6 of you will weigh around 400 kg even you average 10 stone each, there are not many MH's under 3.5tons with a payload that will take that let alone the stuff you need clothes bedding etc

I wish you luck in your search, but do urge you to be cautious on what you are offered and can realistically achieve legally
Don't worry about his tone , he almost certainly won't be back now he's had his 5 free posts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back