Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Here's a place to air those barmy idea's............or not as the case may be :thumb:

I'll go first :winky:

I have an idea to make a vaccum system for my R.V.
I bought the most powerful vax and plan to fix it into one of the lockers.......then see if I can get the male and female connectors and use a Y joint to split it to 2, one port for the bedroom.......the other for the lounge......and make blanks for both.......then use the oringinal hose to plug into the ports..........that's it!! onboard vac :Blush:

let you know how it goes :)

Boo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Here's a place to air those barmy idea's............or not as the case may be :thumb:

Nice idea.. but not new, it's already fitted to some up-market RVs :winky:

Look forward to hearing how it goes .. :thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Heres a barmey idea,

Get the wife a nice pan and brush :ROFLMAO:

I know I keep banging on, how about get the law changed so I can use one of these.

Link Removed

Just an idea

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Dehydrated water saves weight in the van:RollEyes:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
I have a Dirt Devil central vac system in the 5th wheel,and for the brush brigade there is a slot that you open with your foot then brush the dirt into the vac.Both openings contain a switch that turns the vac on when opened.Much better than the portable vac i had in the travel trailer,

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
i know it's been over a year since this was posted, but i'm just reading thru the rv section,

i did something similar to my van about 6 years ago, i bought a bagless pull along hoover, some 50mm flexi pipe (used for sludge pumps) a Y piece which is a guttering downpipe item, and a couple of central vacuum trap doors with contacts, and a 3 meter hose and wand with turbo brush,

i put the hover in one of the lockers, the hose connection facing the rear wall of the locker, allowing the dust pot to be removed from the door end,
hole in the rear locker wall and connected the hoover inlet to some pipe, then the Y piece, one branch goes to the front of the van, the other to the middle,

the hoover is then left switched on at it's main switch, and the power cord goes thru a relay, which is fed 12 volts via the trap door contacts, when the hose is plugged in, the metal end shorts the contacts, allowing the circuit to complete and switching the relay,

so the hoover starts up just by pluging the hose in a socket if on shore power or genny, when dry camping i turn the inverter on first, and stops when the hose us pulled out.

the middle socket lets me reach the whole van from bathroom to the cab bulkhead, the front socket allows me to do the cab or i can stick the hose out the cab rood and hover the toad.

a hoover hose holder from ikea in the bathroom keeps the hose and wand stored neatly, the wand is the one that came with the hoover as it's extends from it's self, the hose is from a central vacuum company as are the trap doors.

total cost was about 70 quid, most being spent on the trap doors and turbo brush,

i did have a couple of battery powered hoovers in the van before i put the centeral vac system in, but they just couldent cope with my dog's rate of hair shedding,
it pulls 150 amps when running off the inverter, but it only takes 2 or 3 mins to do the whole van, so not much in reality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi Boo,by the time you've plugged it in and unplugged it you could have run the hoover round in the traditional manner,ie, the wife :ROFLMAO: Atleast it will keep you out of trouble fixing it all up !!!!

Regards,John P.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back