New (I Think) Wild camping spot... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Out for a jolly and a meal and a drink we drove to "Santa Pola" about 20 Klm south West of Alicamte...

Went into Santa Pola and followed the coast road (Very Quiet) along and came across this site.. (Pictures Below)... which is a few K`s before "Gran Alicati" ... which in turn is a few miles from Alicante it`self..

Loads Wild Camping, including a few Brit`s and one with a 35ft yank and a 4 wheeled trailer...and space for larger..:thumb:

It was in a superb position, a few yards from a beautiful beach...

From Santa Pola along the road was signs that said no Motorhomes or camping... but at the end of the road was this site with a deffinate entrance through the car park to the camping... which was all fenced off with wire fencing...

We will probably have another ride there, and ask them thats camping if they pay and if it is a "Legal" site... it was too tidy and laid out not to be, I Think... and the "Guardia Civil" were parked in a bar nearly opposite having a drink... and No one was rushing to pack up or put their gear away... :thumb:

The Tom-Tom Co-ords are = North 38.23674 deg X west 0.51884 deg, and it is called "Playa Del Carabassi" near Santa Pola... (This is what we put in when we hit the where am I button on Tom-tom)

Below are a few photo`s,,, wish we were smaller, I`d have a couple of night`s there.... Beautiful.. :thumb:

Attachments

• P1130190 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1130190 (600 x 450).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 73
  • P1130191 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1130191 (600 x 450).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 63
  • P1130192 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1130192 (600 x 450).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Thanks Jim,,, the site is just before the green arrow on the right, which looks like a track...

The entrance off the road has been nicely levelled and is an easy access for most size vehicles.. and lead`s into a car park which in turn there is a drive in to the site and a drive out... One way System...

Both the car park and the camp site is freshly levelled and a new layer of pea gravel has been laid and a security type (Low) fence errected round both the car park and the camping area.. :thumb:

As I said I will check next week,,,, but it looks permanent and to my mind has been set aside from the car park for campers..

And I will check with those there whether there is water and a disposal point... (To be honest I could not see anything) but I was took aback a bit and suprised how nice it was.. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just twigged...

From your google earth...

They have put a gate across the track that leads to the beach to stop cars driving onto the beach and campers from filling the beach up..

And built a designated MH park.. :thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
When in Spain i often cycle along that coast road and as you say a beautiful beach,over the last 18 months or so they have cleared the whole area up moving many of the hazzards and errecting fencing.
I have seen MHs parked there as on La Marina beach but as i understand, it is still illegal,the Police turn a blind eye until the summer when it gets busy and someone complains.
It may be that they now have MH areas along that beach but things in Spain are never quite as they seem,so beware

Tony

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference my first thread..

Steve (Salopian) and I Had a ride out again today and spoke to one of the few English there..

It`s not a legal stopover,,,, but the "Police" turn a blind eye and in actual fact call in a couple of times a day to make sure every thing is OK..

They turn a blind eye cos they would sooner them parked there than on the beach..

A UK couple have been there two weeks and stayed there last year,,, there is a tap and a manhole near by for emptying Elsan Cassette`s.. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back