New Government online advice on travelling to the EU today (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Every time I've landed coming back from Oz, via Asia... the EU line has been a lot longer than the "Others" queue... Perhaps something to do with Border Force managing their workforce... 10 desks open for non EU but only 2 for EU?

But the EU/EEA queue moves faster because of not have the additional questions I listed.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
You'll likely need travel insurance, can't see the EHIC continuing.

Real shame . . the only international travel insurance that's free and doesn't penalise pre-existing conditions. Incredible really.

Never have travelled without travel insurance anyway?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
AFAIK No one knows precisely yet what will happen re pets, we have yet to negotiate the status that the EU decide to use for this issue. Am I wrong?
i wasnt aware the pet passport was a eurpean thing i thought the protection was on pets from europe to here originally to prevent rabies being brought in to uk

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
i wasnt aware the pet passport was a eurpean thing i thought the protection was on pets from europe to here originally to prevent rabies being brought in to uk

The whole thing is a joke, the rich were swanning over with their racehorses and returning without quarantine for years before we could do the same with our dogs.

I'm not worried about it too much yet, I imagine its way down the list of priorities in the short time they have to haggle.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
IT`s the "Independent" Just having a paddle in the Cess pool, as they have done since June 2016. So what is new.? Did no one ever travel beyond Blighty`s shores before the advent of the EUSSR.?. So, just another bunch of whimps and snowflakes having a good moan then?.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The whole thing is a joke, the rich were swanning over with their racehorses and returning without quarantine for years before we could do the same with our dogs.

I'm not worried about it too much yet, I imagine its way down the list of priorities in the short time they have to haggle.
Was it a coincidence that Pet Passports and the abolition of quarantine coincided with the return to the UK of Chris Patten with his two Labradors from HONG KONG.BUSBY

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
its all maybe,couldbe.likely, it tells us nothing for sure dont forget all this rubbish can be applied to eu countrys
Thinking of contacting Mystic Meg, She will know. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The golf club analogy is quite ridiculous, however you seem happy to play at your golf club as a guest. This means payment to the club. I take it therefore that you would be happy for the UK to pay the EU for a certain degree of access to the Single Market.
And the EU to pay access to our market,,who would be the looser? BUSBY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The thing that worries me is if they demand the Carnet De Passage as it used to be.in the 70's the deposit scheme meant that we had to put down a deposit of so many % against the value of the vehicle.
With 40 lorries and loads of trailers, we had to have a special deposit with the AA. A lot of time was spent (wasted) going back and forth and replacing the used ones. Car trailer and caravans I think were also covered and needed to obtained from the AA/ RAC.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Roaming charges could be tough.

Might cost a little bit more. When we went to NZ bought a local sim card and swapped our UK one.
luckily our “then“ phone accepted it.

So now things changed, need to research which EU sim card fits our uk phone and plan ahead.

All more bureaucracy and cost of course, more bits of paper to carry around things to loose, but guess that’s progress in the modern world...... to some.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Very true but do you think they are suddenly going to be able to make the same products at the same price for our own diverged standards, a market one tenth the size of the EU?
I don't anticipate that, after leaving the E.U. 'our' new standards (if we need to adopt new standards), will diverge from the current E.U. ones to which U.K. products already comply.
'CE' marking for products is a self-certification scheme, often applied in cavalier fashion by cheap non E.U. manufacturers. From personal experience one instance is where a competitor fitted single pole On/Off Mains switches that switched the neutral not the live pole. It took me 11 months to get Trading Standards to take action against the Korean 'Philips' manufacturer's 'CE' marking.
British made products don't have to be at the same price where the applications or customers demand better quality products. There will always be someone who can make and/or sell a similar product cheaper than another as evidenced on Forums where folk often want advice on 'the cheapest' this or that, sometimes to their regret when a poor quality product fails to perform.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
if i remember correctly vodaphone stated that roaming would continue whatever happened to brexit

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
if i remember correctly vodaphone stated that roaming would continue whatever happened to brexit
Guess if this does change that when one provider whacks on charges, the rest will follow ;)

Not a massive issue though IMO. Data charges are dropping everywhere, so I imagine it will be pretty cheap getting a local sim?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Never have travelled without travel insurance anyway?
But it will almost certainly cost us more as all doctor or hospital visits will have to paid for. Under the EHIC scheme, unless you went to a private hospital, the cost of treatment was paid for by our NHS when the country you were treated in submitted the bill to the UK. Once the EHIC has gone you will have to pay for everything and claim on your insurance. More claims adds up to bigger premiums. How much they will go up we will find out at renewal time. :)

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
But it will almost certainly cost us more as all doctor or hospital visits will have to paid for. Under the EHIC scheme, unless you went to a private hospital, the cost of treatment was paid for by our NHS when the country you were treated in submitted the bill to the UK. Once the EHIC has gone you will have to pay for everything and claim on your insurance. More claims adds up to bigger premiums. How much they will go up we will find out at renewal time. :)
a personal opinion but i dont think ehic will go it is not in the unions interests as there are many more europeans here than english in europe

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
And the EU to pay access to our market,,who would be the looser? BUSBY
Of course they'll have access to our market, it's a question of tariffs. If we impose tariffs we would still buy products from the EU but we would just pay more.
Boris says that he wants zero tariffs and zero quotas to be agreed in less than a year, good luck with that if we insist on complete regulatory divergence.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The thing that worries me is if they demand the Carnet De Passage as it used to be.in the 70's the deposit scheme meant that we had to put down a deposit of so many % against the value of the vehicle.
With 40 lorries and loads of trailers, we had to have a special deposit with the AA. A lot of time was spent (wasted) going back and forth and replacing the used ones. Car trailer and caravans I think were also covered and needed to obtained from the AA/ RAC.

Reciprocal of course.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Jeez you remoaners really take the bloody biscuit! I don't know how you jokers sleep of a night.

Top marks though for dreaming up Project Fear #4(y)
Don't think they do sleep at all.Much to busy trawling the net for doom and gloom,,Sad. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
a personal opinion but i dont think ehic will go it is not in the unions interests as there are many more europeans here than english in europe
Yes but those in the Uk are working & have entitlement to UK healthcare. Those not working but legally in the Uk have entitlement also. Same as anyone under retiring age here registered before april 24th 2012 has full spanish healthcare.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Some seem to glory in pits of doom and despondency:hot:

I can see the next 11 months going to be full of it. Don't know about you , but I'm already Bored with their sour grapes.After the 31st I'll leave them in their doom and gloom, to their one big mooooooan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back