New Government online advice on travelling to the EU today (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I can see the next 11 months going to be full of it. Don't know about you , but I'm already Bored with their sour grapes.After the 31st I'll leave them in their doom and gloom, to their one big mooooooan!

Only one side on their batteries and it’s not the red one :wink:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
EVERYTHING. that may (or not) be agreed in any negotiation with the EUSSR. can be reciprocal.

The thing that worries me is if they demand the Carnet De Passage as it used to be.in the 70's the deposit scheme meant that we had to put down a deposit of so many % against the value of the vehicle.
With 40 lorries and loads of trailers, we had to have a special deposit with the AA. A lot of time was spent (wasted) going back and forth and replacing the used ones. Car trailer and caravans I think were also covered and needed to obtained from the AA/ RAC.

See above?. RECIPROCATION is the watchword. Or if you don`t understand it. "you F888 Me I can F***, you sunshine!". Christ!. We are talking the Country that stood it out against the Germans, Do you really think the EU are going to start sinking ships in the channel or something?. I don`t doubt that some stuff will be more costly, it depends where we have to source it from. On the upside £50 million a day. will help fill the hole!, and Less crap from Brussels has to be a win win.? Roll on FREEDOM. 11pm Friday. My flag will be out! In fact I may even call it VE day. (Victory OVER Europe Day). Lets go and Party dudes!.

In fact looking at the numbers, My sister may even have been conceived on VE day.?. No more likely VJ day?.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Might cost a little bit more. When we went to NZ bought a local sim card and swapped our UK one.
luckily our “then“ phone accepted it.

So now things changed, need to research which EU sim card fits our uk phone and plan ahead.

All more bureaucracy and cost of course, more bits of paper to carry around things to loose, but guess that’s progress in the modern world...... to some.
Last time I was in Ireland I bought a local sim for not much money, one advantage is that you only give the new number to people you want to have it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes but those in the Uk are working & have entitlement to UK healthcare. Those not working but legally in the Uk have entitlement also. Same as anyone under retiring age here registered before april 24th 2012 has full spanish healthcare.
But what about European tourists..BUSBY.

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
If I need to, I will just do as I did in USA and buy a burner phone and top it up as I need to. When I get back it goes in the drawer until next time. I give the number to family and friends for emergencies. I’m not too worried anyway as my wife is always so organised. She will have a folder and lists made up before the new regulations are out of the starting blocks. :ROFLMAO:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
To be serious. we spent a lot of time in the USA. Roaming was something you just did not do, You went to Verizon or whatever, got a SIM and short contract and the cost was no greater than the UK. I suspect there are too many out there that just cannot live at all outside their little EU(SSR) "Comfort Zone". Where ever you go in the world ONLY the foolish would risk travel without decent Insurance cover. Unless of course you are one who have so many afflictions that cover is not economic. In which case (sadly) your choices are "Hobsons". And I feel for you, genuinely. But even then, E111 is limited.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I think, come Saturday, I will just have one line post for this type of posting?:-"Get over it"

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So still a lot of turkeys with head in the sand then
No difference there.

But since the rules all change on 1st of january next year my ( and probably a lot of other folks ) winter trip to europe next year is out the window as I cant plan anything in advance.

Lovely glad that's all sorted then.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Where ever you go in the world ONLY the foolish would risk travel without decent Insurance cover.
That's me then.:giggler: & no, I don't have any obscure maladies or even unobscure ones.

Reactions: DBK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back