New Globecar/Possl Summit Prime & Trenta (2020 models) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Review here https://www.promobil.de/poessl-summit-640-prime-premiere-wohnmobil-skyroof/ - right click on web page to translate.
An idea of pricing here https://www.caravan-wendt.de/de/poessl-summit-640-prime.html

1567069829464.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Also 600 version:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I love these skyroofs, I predicted this would spread through PVCs as it makes the cabin so airy. I still bought my Globescout anyway of course, at my age every year counts LOL.

The 540 layout is the best I've seen, very nice. A hidden benefit of that swing bathroom is that suction pads will probably stick to the shiny surfaces for extra towel rails etc. Also the roof makes a big difference in that size.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Also special edition based on Roadcruiser - Trenta:

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Well I think that when we do eventually come to change our van it's going to be a close run thing between the Adria Twin 640 SLB and the Summit Prime 640.

Both have similar things going for them and then each have their advantages over the other.

We were going to change this year but unfortunately finances have dictated otherwise for the time being.

Thanks for posting Wombles

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sure all these will be at the upcoming Dusseldorf Show but we can't go this year :(
With new models sure Possl/Globecar will have very busy stands!
For us we wouldn't want a sky roof as had this in our Chausson & always had the blind partially closed to either keep the sun out or the heat in but it does give a good view of the night stars & a feeling of increased space. The two way door on the fridge is clever but is 10L smaller than the standard Summit one. Clever use of the back of the shower panel now having somewhere to put soap & shampoo - it's a small thing but it helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: GPW
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
The two way door on the fridge is clever but is 10L smaller than the standard Summit one.

This is one of the things that I noticed. The whole van is more open than the Adria due to not having the tall fridge/wardrobe, but the compromise is the smaller fridge. That one is even smaller than the one we have on our current van and I do now sometimes wish we had a bigger fridge.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I love the look !
Just a small fridge let’s it down!

Yes, I think we could cope with that fridge if we were away for just a couple of days, but any longer and we'd have to look at taking a compressor cool box fridge/freezer with us too (or replacing a drawer with a drawer fridge) but this all adds to the weight/where to store/energy usage dilemma.

I don't have to worry about it just yet (sadly :() but I do like to look.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks for sharing Wombles !
They look very nice.
Unfortunately, I am not convinced about the front sunroof. I love the light and airy feel that it seems to bring to the lounge but I would worry about it in our Highland "breezes". Last time I was out on the west coast, the breeze was up near 50mph and so I would either have to be very careful about parking direction, or not open it. I could open my existing 2 vents a small bit for most of the time without them ripping off! Not sure that would be possible with the front facing one!:D2
Also, I use the storage above the cab in our Campscout for doggie towels, my rain gear, etc . I'm not sure if the 2019 Summits have the area but for me, the sunroof would mean we lose all that storage.
Still, very nice... and interesting that they have added a Summit 540.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for posting. I thought I’d want a sunroof till I went in an Adria at a showroom in Holland.
It’s lovely and airy inside but would mean we have to store our silver screens and clip on fans and wet weather gear in the garage ...
I really like the fridge by the door too ... even though it’s smaller. But then, the high level fridge is so easy to access and we fill it!

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Be aware that the fridge in the Possl appears to be a Dometic version of the same type as the Mark 1 Thetford 1090 we had which was useless as the freezer part isn't a proper freezer at all.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The large fridge in our campscout Revolution was one of the things that we wanted. Tyhe sun roof is nice but you loose storage. It is a nice feature if you want a small A class feel

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The large fridge in our campscout Revolution was one of the things that we wanted. Tyhe sun roof is nice but you loose storage. It is a nice feature if you want a small A class feel
Stop gloating! :boxing:

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Be aware that the fridge in the Possl appears to be a Dometic version of the same type as the Mark 1 Thetford 1090 we had which was useless as the freezer part isn't a proper freezer at all.

Yes - as Anthea M said, this fridge really lets it down.

It's almost as if you'd have to take the removable freezer bit out (which maybe as you say isn't that great anyway) to increase the fridge size and then have a dedicated freezer compressor coolbox in the boot/garage. Bit like fridge in house, chest freezer in garage.

Like this
But then that really bumps up the energy consumption, never mind the additional cost.

I'll probably end up doing an Adria / Globecar comparison chart at some point to see which would suit our needs best.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Photos from Dusseldorf Show just released:
Summit 600 Prime

1567184057839.png

Trenta

1567184082574.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As well as Isofix now a fifth seat is an option on Summit 600 & 640 standard & Prime models & on 600 Plus:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have looked at Roadcar as their prices for base models are very good (from €33999 for 540 model on 2019 pricelist) but optional extras are expensive so can end up more than the same spec. Globecar. We were impressed by the fit & finish for the price point on standard models. Roadcar not available in UK though so import only - nearest one is in Calais although importing from France is reported to be complicated but one just over the border in Belgium too. Some Funsters have imported from Belgium with dealer taking motorhome to the port or tunnel.

Last edited:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Personally speaking I would avoid that 640 Summit with its moon roof at all costs. We use our overcab shelf for a whole load of things and would be lost without it.

It's a nice gizmo but not practical IMO.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Personally speaking I would avoid that 640 Summit with its moon roof at all costs. We use our overcab shelf for a whole load of things and would be lost without it.

It's a nice gizmo but not practical IMO.
It wouldn't be for us either - had one on our Chausson & usually had the blind part closed to keep sun out or warmth in but they do give an airy feel so some may like it. Like our shelf for storage too.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It wouldn't be for us either - had one on our Chausson & usually had the blind part closed to keep sun out or warmth in but they do give an airy feel so some may like it. Like our shelf for storage too.

Yep, I'm with you Karen. I don't think they'll be much cop in cold places either.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Storage space in a PVC is very important to us and a sky roof or whatever they are called removes another valuable area.
I think sun living 640 have just about got the mix right (we are sans van currently not personal experience) providing an additional seating area and flexable storage in the back. Not as sparkly as a new adria or globecar though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back