May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Hi
We picked up our new Sumit Prime 640 today. Will spend tomorrow packing all the stuff that goes in it, and finding spaces for everything. Dont think we will have any problems with space - just finding the best spaces. Will no doubt change it all round after our first trip. Go away this weekend to try everything out!
Is there an owners club? I tried to find something on line & couldnt. I found a Facebook group, but it was private. I dont really "do" facebook, so I didnt try to join until I knew more about what is available. I am sure someone on here will know! Many thanks.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
The Facebook group was quite good though to be honest I don’t use it much as membership changed so much since we got ours. Lots of help advice on here from Globecar and other owners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Feb 5, 2018
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Minimal, but learning fast.
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your new van. We're in the Facebook group and the Funsters group - both have been very useful to us. We don't use FB very much, but that group has been a good helpful one to us when we needed it. The fact that it was private encouraged me to join. Have a great first weekend.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Facebook group is fine
German Possl/Globecar site good for information Google translate works fine most of the time
If you post on it put it on in English and German and you will get replys
Lots of bits and bobs on here as well

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome! Some very informative threads on this forum's history on Globecars. The Possl forum does it much more technically and in greater detail, in general. Google does a brilliant job in automatically translating, as you go.

Have a look over MinxyGirl threads on this forum. They have a different van now but their old threads are still relevant.

The Facebook group may be valuable but it's a step too far for me. Very definitely on the Dark Side.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have a look over MinxyGirl threads on this forum. They have a different van now but their old threads are still relevant.
hja also have a look at the website I did when we had our Campscout, some of the stuff on it might be useful to you:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I would stick with Fun every time as there are so many documented points on this forum which are easily accessible.

The German Possl Forum is fantastic and its members are incredibly welcoming and helpful but being a Summit Prime 640 owner you'll only get paranoid once you've read the horrendous number of Summit fault threads....so best to avoid.

FUN every time.

Wadski

Free Member
Dec 1, 2020
Oakham
Funster No
MH
Globecar PVC
Exp
Congratulations HJA, we're now into our 3rd week with ours, so far we've covered over 1000 trouble free miles.
Really happy with it, enjoy your new van :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back