New French law affecting those over 3.5tonnes (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
From January 1st 2021, ie tomorrow if your motorhome (along with other vehicles ) is over 3.5tonnes you have to display a the sides and the rear a notice as shown. the aim being to warn any vulnerable road users such as motorcyclists/ cyclists & pedestrians who may drive or pass behind. Be warned!
1609405364944.png

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Missed that so apologies to all but this website page is also useful https://www.motorhomingfrance.co.uk/useful-info-2
Useful site but maybe it's worth noting that the 90 day limit covers the whole EU - i.e. you can't do 90 days in France and another 90 in Spain and so on. I know most people understand this but I have met a couple who hadn't realised . . .

As the song goes, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose . . ." and this loss is just another of the little inconveniences we will all have to put up with in the pursuit of sovereign happiness.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Is this applicable to foreign reg vehicles ? What if you dont have blind spots ?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I don’t think you need to apologise, funflair’s response was rude.
Martin funflair is the one of the politest and most calm members on this forum, as he is face to face, and yes the subject was done to death in 2 different threads one started by me. If you thought a post was rude the report button is designed just for you to use. :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don’t think you need to apologise, funflair’s response was rude.
If you don't agree then report it, unfortunately your comment breaks Rule 1 so you might feel the need to give yourself a good slapping with a wet fish. :giggle:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
For the benefit of all our gentle readers, who missed my post on the first thread dealing with this, I'll post it against. Chill folks. Be nice to each other. Times are sh*tty enough at the moment. 😀
IMG_1207.JPG

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Martin funflair is the one of the politest and most calm members on this forum, as he is face to face, and yes the subject was done to death in 2 different threads one started by me. If you thought a post was rude the report button is designed just for you to use. :xThumb:
I reported it thank you for the heads up. Just because somebody has not seen the previous posts is no reason to say ‘done to death’ particularly at this time is inappropriate. Why not suggest ‘this has been covered in an earlier post...’ don’t be disrespectful and suppress people by trying to be helpful.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I reported it thank you for the heads up. Just because somebody has not seen the previous posts is no reason to say ‘done to death’ particularly at this time is inappropriate. Why not suggest ‘this has been covered in an earlier post...’ don’t be disrespectful and suppress people by trying to be helpful.
Other buttons too. Bye

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Is this Motorhome Facts???

OP
OP
Ian Bosman
Mar 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Was it? In which case I would apologise to Ian Bosman as it certainly wasn’t meant that way.
I did not take it as rude at all so no apology expected or required

OP
OP
Ian Bosman
Mar 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Quite a few threads seem to be going this way, thank god for Old Mo’s jokes , ✅✅
You express the sentiments of a friend of mine in that if you have to say anything then make it pleasant
I alway think that it’s better to hear it twice rather than not at all. Thanks I missed it last time around👍🏼
there is so much stuff in the way of advice it is difficult to take it all in so let us all have a happy and peaceful 2021 and happy motorhoming

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I normally do a quick look around the forum using the top right search box to see if I'm likely to repeat what has already been posted as thread or if I have been beaten to the draw on a news item.

I find sometimes that multiples of the same thread subject running concurrently waters down the the possible contributions to each thread as most Funsters seem to take on an allegiance to one thread or another.

Do I remind Funsters that they are posting a repeat of a thread subject recently posted by another Funster, yes I do with normally a "Try and keep up" with a smiley and a link to the thread or threads that are duplicated.

I imagine my approach will annoy some Funsters, usually the ones that are easily annoyed. :xThumb: ...................................... Note the smiley to smooth down the fact that I'm having a dig. :xrofl:

By the way, a Very Happy New Year to all you Funster and hope you all have a Great 2021 and beyond.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You express the sentiments of a friend of mine in that if you have to say anything then make it pleasant

there is so much stuff in the way of advice it is difficult to take it all in so let us all have a happy and peaceful 2021 and happy motorhoming
Was that you letting fireworks off last night? we are on mother in laws drive in Wylde Green and it was like a war zone last night with flashes and bangs ;)

OP
OP
Ian Bosman
Mar 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I normally do a quick look around the forum using the top right search box to see if I'm likely to repeat what has already been posted as thread or if I have been beaten to the draw on a news item.

I find sometimes that multiples of the same thread subject running concurrently waters down the the possible contributions to each thread as most Funsters seem to take on an allegiance to one thread or another.

Do I remind Funsters that they are posting a repeat of a thread subject recently posted by another Funster, yes I do with normally a "Try and keep up" with a smiley and a link to the thread or threads that are duplicated.

I imagine my approach will annoy some Funsters, usually the ones that are easily annoyed. :xThumb: ...................................... Note the smiley to smooth down the fact that I'm having a dig. :xrofl:

By the way, a Very Happy New Year to all you Funster and hope you all have a Great 2021 and beyond.
Tried that of checking the Search just now, the trouble is getting the Thread title to mean something other than, say, "Have a look at this" so did a search on French Law and of course got mine and a few other where law is mentioned and one posted later than mine referring to exactly the same thing.

Reading the issue about the blindspot, I am not convinced that it only applies to French trucks/motorhomes as implied on the other thread. Would rather not have the Gendarmerie issuing a fine. Anyway, I am under the weight limit for the sticker but have a real blindspot as there is no rearward vision through eh rear window as it is over 6 feet off the ground at the bottom edge so I rely for that vision on the camera and the wing mirrors of course. There is another approach to have a sticker saying"If you cannot see my mirrors I cannot see you"

You cannot win! But thanks anyway fro reminding me to check the Search box first. If we can ALL remember to be polite and in good humour (there lies a minefield) we will all get along without being chastised by some for innocent remarks taken the wrong way by some.

OP
OP
Ian Bosman
Mar 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Was that you letting fireworks off last night? we are on mother in laws drive in Wylde Green and it was like a war zone last night with flashes and bangs ;)
I am in Sutton Coldfield, Mere Green area so close by and similar in that they started here at 4pm but I was sound asleep at midnight, Anyway, the issue was how many let off the real Big Bang at 11pm when we finally got Brexit done although it would appear it will rumble on. I am a Remainer, BTW

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
I think I might just wait untill I see a very lot of other motorhomes with his sticker on before doing anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back