New Forest Showground Camping Offer 17-24 May 2021 * Early booking discount code now ended * (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
Thanks, I think we will give this one a miss. Hopefully less windy down that way tomorrow.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Saw these babies out and about today.
If e cycling through the campsite do a left over the bridge and keep going straight on.
IMG20210522162048.jpg
IMG20210522162024.jpg
IMG20210522133235.jpg
IMG20210522133248.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Got a bit lost in the Forest again today! Thank goodness for phone maps but will also bring a paper one next time. Had yummy takeaway wood fired pizza ( food van in Long Meadow Campsite) & loving the evening sun - a good end to the day :) Hopefully next time we will have good weather & be able to mix more in the field.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We can confirm the fish and chips were nice and filling. Haddock peas tartare sauce and a lemon. 12 quid so not a nightly/weekly/monthly/annual thing we do.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you all for coming along & making the most of things in this weird May weather! Lots of lovely chats & good to meet Funster friends again & some new to us too. With so many here & as much time spent indoors as outdoors know there are many that came later in the week that may not have benefitted much from fellow Funster friendliness but another time should be better.
Hopefully we will be back here next April with Appletree Exhibitions again - the new thread will be posted once dates (& hopefully discount 🤞) are confirmed.
Wish you all safe travels if you have left today or are leaving tomorrow morning - we have to have the fields clear by 11am on Monday but with everything all packed away already due to all the liquid sunshine that should be easier than usual! Look forward to seeing many of you in the field again later this year or perhaps another time.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for all your hard work in arranging this and keeping us informed along the way. As you say, lovely to meet old friends and I've met some lovely new funsters too.
Can't be helped about the weather but we made the most of it.
Off up the road today to Salisbury to sit in the sun.😉

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks from us too 😊 Not the best weather but we managed a couple of BBQs and didn’t get blown away so I guess it could have been worse 😝

Thanks also for our surprise purchase, we will definitely make the most of it 😄

Jul 19, 2018
Kent
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you Karen and Alan once again for your friendly welcome, hard work and organisation.
A lovely setting for exploring the forest.
It was great to meet and chat with fellow funsters. Looking forward to next year 😀☀️☀️

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Great fun this morning we had to be towed out, I blame our neighbours. When we arrive they told us the ground had all been redone with gravel under the grass excellent drainage - lying toe rags.

I still put my bread crates under the wheels, moved off the crates then put them away and that's when we got stuck winter tyres & traction plus we're no help in that soggy ground. Now if I hadn't listened to neighbours advice I would have driven straight onto the road and gone back for the crates.

Apparently the only areas where the drainage has been sorted are the show enclosures.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Great fun this morning we had to be towed out, I blame our neighbours. When we arrive they told us the ground had all been redone with gravel under the grass excellent drainage - lying toe rags.

I still put my bread crates under the wheels, moved off the crates then put them away and that's when we got stuck winter tyres & traction plus we're no help in that soggy ground. Now if I hadn't listened to neighbours advice I would have driven straight onto the road and gone back for the crates.

Apparently the only areas where the drainage has been sorted are the show enclosures.
Crikey. It all seemed solid. Me and 2 friends actually moved away from the trees on Wednesday because we were in the shade! We felt stupid as that was the last time we saw the sun.
Maybe it was a lucky escape!

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Thanks for organising everything, beautiful setting, and despite the weather we had a great break and met some new friends.

We'll be back....

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Thanks for organising everything, the venue was much better then it was at Broadlands the last 2 times we attended there, people had to be towed on and off :smiley:

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Wombles Thank you Karen and Alan for organising a great week, the New Forest is a beautiful place. I enjoyed it despite the weather being not so good on some days.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Reactions: Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun