New Forest Showground Camping Offer 17-24 May 2021 * Early booking discount code now ended * (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are there any places left for this?
Hi - the early booking 15% discount code has ended but can still book at normal website price http://www.appletree-exhibitions.co.uk/new-forest-show-ground.html & if you let us know on here then can arrive from 10am on Monday (general public from midday) & space will be allocated for you in the Fun area. If coming later in the week pitching in our area is not guaranteed but still worth asking on arrival as the organisers will do their best.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Worth noting

1620682022473.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Just to reassure everyone coming along to this one - the New Forest Showground has excellent drainage & gravel roadways so even with the most torrential of rain the ground is firm & drains very quickly with good (but not too long) grass coverage (y) As sheep are the lawn mowers here most of the year there is the odd bit of sheep poo which isn't noticeable in most areas other than under the trees where they gather so make sure you are happy when you arrive as the best time to move is when the Appletree staff are parking up the next person so working in our area. For those that were here last September - we are in the same area but the trade stands & Portaloos are further away this time as with so many of us we will need a much bigger area. Our RVOC members will be parked up near to the entrance where the access is best & the ground is hardest - it's a shame they are so far away from us but their requirements are somewhat different so this should suit them better - they are a lovely lot so sure they will wander over & say hello & vice versa.
We will be near water taps & a black waste point (with separate water supply to flush) as before but as with all events if you can arrive with some water on board & waste tanks empty that will avoid queues.
Look out for the yellow AA " Motorhome & Caravan Show" signs as you get close to the Showground, please remember to tell the Appletree staff on arrival that you are with Fun & if you have a generator or intend to run your engine to charge your batteries make sure you also mention this as there are separate Fun areas for those planning to do this.
Do also come with plenty of stock food - there will be a marquee with tables, a bar, some background music & hot food served supplied by the Show trade stands from Thursday onwards but nothing in the field until then. Brockenhurst is only a few miles away if walking (there are also bus stops outside Showground) but seems longer if carrying groceries! On your way into the Forest going through Long Meadow Campsite (about 15 minutes brisk walk) via the footpath there is an excellent (but not cheap) food van from 9am-8pm https://www.facebook.com/tastediningcompany but again this is from Thursday onwards (can recommend their wood fired pizza 😋 ) but they do get very busy so worth calling or messaging to order. They do also sell bread, milk, ice cream, local meats, eggs, cakes & treats but expect the prices to reflect the location.
Don't forget to read the first post https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...early-booking-discount-code-now-ended.228265/ for important info. We look forward to seeing you all - please remember to socially distance as not everyone has been double jabbed yet. If you haven't been before expect queues through Lyndhurst & bring some sunshine with you! :sun:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
If you haven't been before expect queues through Lyndhurst & bring some sunshine with you!
Thanks for the update. I might try the A326 from junction 2 of the M27 then the A35 into Lyndurst. Its a bit further round but will miss the Traffic lights in Lyndhurst ( I think this is the route marked for HGV's).

If anyone needs LPG there was a motorhome filling up last Monday at West Wellow Services which is at the next roundabout north from J2 of the M27 (about half a mile on the A36)

Mike

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I am down to arrive today but starting off yesterday developed nasty noise😕 from underneath on investigation found broken fuel tank support. Hope to get it repaired tomorrow and travel down.
Les

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just arrived in sunshine and greeted with a Wombles smile. 🌞

Just to let attendees know that we have one of the Fun defibrillators on board. We are the tall Euromobil just over the roadway from the Elsan point. We will have a Fun flag up soon.

Hopefully it will never be needed but don't let that stop you from coming over and saying hello.

Hilary and Robin.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
There be a lot of Funsters here :hi:

Now we need to know how good a relationship Wombles will have with the weather gods :wondering:

Reactions: Ven
Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build Ducato
Exp
Since Sept 15
Does anyone know anything about Thetford fridges?
Lit up ok when we got here then went out now lights up but won’t stay on,

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Are you sorted now? If not maybe start a new thread as anyone on site now probably won't bother looking at this one.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's lovely to see so many Funsters here in the sunshine 🌞 There was a brief problem with water supply this morning but sorted speedily by the Showground groundsman & all good again now. A reminder that whilst dogs are welcome here please make sure they are on a lead, tethered or in an enclosure. We hope to have the Fun discount, area & early arrival again next year so please be polite in all dealings with Appletree staff to maintain that goodwill for the benefit of all - if any problems or queries just let them know & sure they will do their best as they usually do.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Just looking at the weather forecast and now wondering whether to drive down on Thursday as planned or not. 50-60 mph gales and rain forecast for all day Thursday and Friday. I'm not keen on a 4 hour drive in those conditions. I think I'm going to decide finally on Thursday morning. It will be a real shame if we don't make it as it's our first Fun outing 🥺

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just looking at the weather forecast and now wondering whether to drive down on Thursday as planned or not. 50-60 mph gales and rain forecast for all day Thursday and Friday. I'm not keen on a 4 hour drive in those conditions. I think I'm going to decide finally on Thursday morning. It will be a real shame if we don't make it as it's our first Fun outing 🥺
The weather is very changeable at the moment so keeping fingers crossed that it is better than that!

Reactions: Ven
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
The weather is very changeable at the moment so keeping fingers crossed that it is better than that!
Yes fingers crossed 👍. I'm going to decide Thursday when I get up and look out of the window 😊. How exposed is the camping area? If it's surrounded by trees it will be sheltered to some extent. The wind is forecast from the west.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Yes fingers crossed 👍. I'm going to decide Thursday when I get up and look out of the window 😊. How exposed is the camping area? If it's surrounded by trees it will be sheltered to some extent. The wind is forecast from the west.
The Showground has trees around it but being such a big open area they don't give much shelter. It's been fine with quite a lot of sun today but just got back from a walk & the heavens have opened but the ground drains brilliantly so should be good once this passes over!

Reactions: Les

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Yes please if possible for a discount

We are a 35yr old couple in out first motorhome and this will be out second trip out 🙄

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie

We are a 35yr old couple in out first motorhome and this will be out second trip out 🙄
Discount ended some time ago. You can still book though at full price and I believe, if you wish, you can join other Funsters on-site.

Our first motorhome too and only our 4th trip!

This post is helpful https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...g-discount-code-now-ended.228265/post-4496946

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Hi - as Andacami kindly mentioned above the discount ended some time ago but if you book then you may still be able to get into the Fun area if you ask on arrival but even if it's full do come over & say hello as lots of friendly fellow Funsters here :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for letting us know

We won't be there ti the Friday due to work and travelling from Hereford due to work

So looking forward to it and meeting you
Good to hear you will be joining us all - hope this sunny weather holds!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back