New Forest Showground Camping Offer 17-24 May 2021 * Early booking discount code now ended * (1 Viewer)

Mar 28, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7012, A Class
Exp
18 years
We have booked , arriving on 17th May .
Please add us to the list.
Cally & Tony

Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
2011-2013 and 2020 until now
Hi from netski and Andrew We've booked from the 20th to 24th woo hoo! anything else we need to do or anyone else to tell :hi:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi from netski and Andrew We've booked from the 20th to 24th woo hoo! anything else we need to do or anyone else to tell :hi:
Hi & welcome! Have sent you a message (PM) - click on the envelope in the blue bar at the top of this web page.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just a thought, is it possible to go there earlier/stay later ?
Arrival Monday 17 May from 10am until departure on Monday 24 May by 11am is the longest stay possible there (that's an extension of the 5 nights last year) but this New Forest campsite https://www.longmeadowcampsite.com/ is just a few minutes away (lots of others in that area too) & showing some availability for dates either end of that time. Their prices are £21 per night for basic grass pitch or £26 per night with EHU but awnings & tow cars are £3.50 each extra per night. Bit different from the £12.15 per night (discounted rate for 7 nights) for the Appletree Show camping but might be helpful to some reading this.

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Arrival Monday 17 May from 10am until departure on Monday 24 May by 11am is the longest stay possible there (that's an extension of the 5 nights last year) but this New Forest campsite https://www.longmeadowcampsite.com/ is just a few minutes away (lots of others in that area too) & showing some availability for dates either end of that time. Their prices are £21 per night for basic grass pitch or £26 per night with EHU but awnings & tow cars are £3.50 each extra per night. Bit different from the £12.15 per night (discounted rate for 7 nights) for the Appletree Show camping but might be helpful to some reading this.
Information like that need a health warning !!! (y)

Cheers

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
At that time of year some of the Camping in the Forest sites will be better value in the New Forest, especially if you don't need EHU. Look perhaps at Denny's Wood, Sethorns, or Ocknell for the more basic and so cheaper sites. Don't bother with Roundhill since they aren't putting in their toilet / shower blocks (which are often tatty being portacabin styled), yet haven't dropped prices. This assumes CITF do actually open, when they pulled the plug on doing so only a day before they were going to open last year.

Last year the New Forest Showground was opened up as a temporary campsite, I think run in parallel to longmeadow, similar charging to long meadow, but you'd have had fewer amenities. That was in part a reaction to CITF sites not having opened.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have the discount code but haven't booked as yet as we were making a decision about changing the motorhome. We have now bought an RV. Would we still be able to join the fun section or would we need to be elsewhere? We were going to book for the week but didn't want to be without neighbours! lol

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have the discount code but haven't booked as yet as we were making a decision about changing the motorhome. We have now bought an RV. Would we still be able to join the fun section or would we need to be elsewhere? We were going to book for the week but didn't want to be without neighbours! lol
Of course you will still be welcome with Funsters :) There will be a Fun area for those with generators which you will probably have with a RV. There will also be an area for our sister club RVOC as another option. You just need to let the Appletree staff know on arrival.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
hi Wombles hope your both well could i have the code please

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE: Just had confirmation from Appletree Exhibitions that our Fun & RVOC early booking discount code will be ending soon so please don't leave it too long to book if you do want to come along to this great value camping in the New Forest :cycle:Post here or PM us to request the code for booking :active:

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi there and can I stay at New Forest meet Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th please ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi there and can I stay at New Forest meet Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th please ?
Hi - the weekday camping is only for those booked for the weekend too - if you would like to come along just for a day or two maybe book just the weekend? If so please let me know & I'll message with the discount code.
Also your post #317 above - does JC2001 want to come along too?

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Many thanks. We will be arriving on Friday morning. Brian, Carol and Ollie dog.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
List on first post all up to date - if you spot any Gremlins then just let us know :)

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Thanks for the reply but im afraid i work at weekend so Mon,Tue and Wed is the only days im free !.

Apr 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
abcabcabc
Hi there, looking to attend Fri-Sun. Please could I have the discount code?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi there, looking to attend Fri-Sun. Please could I have the discount code?
Hi & welcome! :hi: You do need to be a paid subscription member for most Fun discounts including this one - if you do decide to subscribe please message again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back