New Forest Showground Camping Offer 17-24 May 2021 * Early booking discount code now ended * (2 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2002
Sorry I can not make the new dates, so I have replied to Sara asking her to move my booking to 2022

Jun 28, 2020
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Select Spirit
Exp
Newbie (2020)
Hi Karen thanks for all the effort you have put into this but I have had to cancel due to having other commitments which i am unable to move, such a shame. I have replied to Sara at Appletree to inform her.

Thanks again

DaveT

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I just scan read this but noted a few cancellations caused by dates.

I am off at this time and have an interest in coming as unsure about getting abroad that week (which would be my preference), but i may be determined by babysitting duties and going somewhere local (which this is) for a week and another week somewhere else.

1) Is there a limit to how many can go and how many is that ?
2) When would a final decision have to be made by me ?
3) If all the places are taken before i get to make a decision, can i camp there without being in the field for funsters ?

Thanks in advance

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Evening Wombles,
We are unfortunately having to cancel as new days dont work for us. We have replied to Sara at Appletree.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I just scan read this but noted a few cancellations caused by dates.

I am off at this time and have an interest in coming as unsure about getting abroad that week (which would be my preference), but i may be determined by babysitting duties and going somewhere local (which this is) for a week and another week somewhere else.

1) Is there a limit to how many can go and how many is that ?
2) When would a final decision have to be made by me ?
3) If all the places are taken before i get to make a decision, can i camp there without being in the field for funsters ?

Thanks in advance
Hi - there have been some cancellations &/or postponements due to the change of date but if all that have messaged & are waiting on vaccination dates do go ahead & book the list will soon grow again.
1) There is currently no limit specified for Funsters pre-booking. There may be Government & local council limits on total numbers allowed.
2) Normally you should be able to arrive during the weekdays & pay on the gate which costs more but can't guarantee that as the demand for camping is likely to be huge this summer. It would be advisable to check with the organisers before turning up without booking as, for the weekend especially, it could reach capacity with it being such good value camping for the New Forest & at that time of the year.
3) Appletree staff try to keep everyone happy - if there is capacity you will be able to camp & if you mention Fun sure they will do their best to pitch you nearby if possible.
Hope that helps.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi - there have been some cancellations &/or postponements due to the change of date but if all that have messaged & are waiting on vaccination dates do go ahead & book the list will soon grow again.
1) There is currently no limit specified for Funsters pre-booking. There may be Government & local council limits on total numbers allowed.
2) Normally you should be able to arrive during the weekdays & pay on the gate which costs more but can't guarantee that as the demand for camping is likely to be huge this summer. It would be advisable to check with the organisers before turning up without booking as, for the weekend especially, it could reach capacity with it being such good value camping for the New Forest & at that time of the year.
3) Appletree staff try to keep everyone happy - if there is capacity you will be able to camp & if you mention Fun sure they will do their best to pitch you nearby if possible.
Hope that helps.
Had a chat with the powers that be and owing to just looking forward to actually getting somewhere which is as guaranteed as guarantee can be, we are going to change the habits of the last decade and try the UK !

On the presumption you have space.

We are in. PM being sent in a mo

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Confirmed paid etc

Full 7 days from the Monday or whenever it was and its Jon and Paula with a possibility probability of 2 year old grumpdaughter for a couple of nights.

Jul 19, 2018
Kent
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Karen,
I have confirmed to Sarah that I shall still be attending.
I will arrive on Monday 17th for 7 nights.
Thanks Chris

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you all for your replies so far (y)

For MarSha Floydster John W Michael Gaylor Itsmcb Sprocket779 Terry Sweet Dinosaur Kit44 Hammie Sez Lez Centurian Gents Kannon Fodda AvalonAdventur Wissel Hils and Glenns Mike Warland spongebob DaveBUK Targetpaster Neilfg Steve Fun tel1965 Melian Psychibird Sheddy have copied the info. below again so hope you spot this &/or the email from Appletree & can let me know please so the forum list (on the first post) is accurate & we can make sure enough space is allocated for the Fun area:

Hi Everyone :hi: - heard back from Appletree Exhibitions this morning that the dates for this New Forest Show have had to be moved to 21-23 May this summer with up to 7 nights camping possible from Monday 17th May. Hopefully this will make it much more likely that the Show part might be able to go ahead so more to enjoy as well as giving certainty about the camping. Going out & about all the local attractions are more likely to open & more of us will have been vaccinated so safer for all.
There is no increase in costs and the discount code still applies - you will all be sent an email to offer you a refund or to move your payment across to these May dates.
Although this clashes date wise with both the Exeter & Bring & Buy camping there should still be plenty of Funsters to attend all & we are fortunate to have, albeit it may be a difficult choice, to have multiple good value options at a time of year when campsites will be very busy & much more expensive.
Please can you let us know what you decide to do once contacted by Appletree & you have your booking sorted so I can amend the list on the first post. Hope many of you will still choose this New Forest one but will understand if the other options suit your plans better.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Karen,

Sadly we are booked at the Exeter venue that week, so will need to cancel :(

I've emailed Appletree's for a refund.

Thanks,
David

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry, but we won't make it, the new dates are now clashing with our plans for this year.
I will ask Apple tree for a refund.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Ed

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Need to clarify from work that I can change holiday dates already booked before I know what I'm doing on this.

Nov 12, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Karen

Sorry, we have asked for a refund as we had already booked another trip, but see you at Highlands End in July.

Dave & Becky

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We would like to come, could you let me have a booking code please.

Bossman Bluey

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
6months
*************** Date change from 19-26 April to 17-24 May - pricing & other details below all the same **********************
Not a rally or official Fun meet but a great value week long camping offer (7 nights for £85 after discount) in the New Forest 17-24 May 2021 with a Fun early booking 15% discount code & early entry from 10am on the Monday which has been kindly agreed by Appletree Exhibitions http://www.appletree-exhibitions.co.uk/new-forest-show-ground-april.html (y) Like the popular camping offer this year, this should go ahead & if we are lucky & Government guidelines allow there will also be a much larger motorhome show with many more stands including local food stalls, two nights evening entertainment & more yet to be confirmed...
This first post will be amended with the latest info. as it is confirmed but please post or PM to let us know that you want the discount code to book (please don't share or pass this code on) then let us know so we can add you to the Booked List which will help Appletree to allow a big enough area for us all. Whilst we will be pitched in the same area it will be essential for everyone to adhere fully to whatever Government guidelines are in place at the time especially with regards to social distancing & gathering with friends as well as whatever rules Appletree Exhibitions have in place then. Know it is still possible for us all to have an enjoyable time with friendly distanced chats as that is what worked well before.

Location: New Forest Showground right in the New Forest about 30 mins walk (past many ponies :inlove:) to Brockenhurst with it's shops, tea rooms, pubs, restaurants & Norman church. Maybe jump on the train there for the short hop to Lymington town for the day or Lymington Pier for a scenic ferry ride to Yarmouth on the Isle Of Wight. Lyndhurst is a bit further afield via a cycle track or a woodland walk (take a map for this route as many paths) for the keen walkers.
Facilities: Elsan points & drinking water. Portaloo toilets will be open in daytime hours but closed overnight.
Dogs: Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept under control at all times & not worry campers or wildlife. If in doubt please use an enclosure or tether on your pitch.
Price: Fun early booking discount code is 15% so 7 nights from Monday 17th May are £85 instead of £100 for up to 2 people & motorhome with entry to the Show stands & entertainment included too if they go ahead (y) That's saving the cost of a year's Fun membership :) Even just for camping it's great value for the New Forest in April at £12 per night if staying all week. Many who stayed for 5 nights in 2021 wanted to stay longer as the camping area was pleasant with glorious sunsets as we were blessed with good weather :sun:
The discount code also applies to shorter stays:
6 nights from Tuesday 18 May £74.80 instead of £88
5 nights from Wednesday 19 May £64.60 instead of £76
4 nights from Thursday 20 May £54.40 instead of £64
3 nights from Friday 21 May £44.20 instead of £52
2 nights from Saturday 22 May £34 instead of £40
The above are the pre-booked prices - if you have booked a short stay via the website then you arrive earlier it will be an extra £15 per night on the gate.
Fun camping area: Those arriving on the Monday will be parked up by Appletree staff in the area that they have allocated for Funsters which should be near to water & waste - you do need to let them know on arrival that you want to be in the Fun area. Those intending to run generators or their engines to boost batteries during their stay should advise Appletree staff of this when being parked up so they can be pitched to one side of the Fun area so as not to disturb others. If arriving later in the week then places in the Fun area can't be guaranteed but (depending on numbers) should still be possible so again do ask on arrival. Whilst general campers should only arrive from midday on Monday, Funsters are welcome from 10am so we can beat the queues.
Booking: Request the discount code either by posting on this thread or sending us a PM then book direct here http://www.appletree-exhibitions.co.uk/new-forest-show-ground-april.html inputting the code during checkout. Don't forget to let us know so we can add you to the Booked List on this first post which will help Appletree to allow a big enough area for us all. Please don't share or pass on the discount code as this would risk being able to have a discount again like this for all of us for this & other camping offers.

This camping offer has also been extended to members of RVOC (sister club to Fun) but they will be parked up together in their own area to suit the access that they need.

A couple of our photos taken September 2020:

View attachment 429117

View attachment 429118

Booked List (those in bold & italics have confirmed booked for May dates) :

Wombles - Karen & Alan - Monday
Indy259 - Chris - Monday
Driventemple - Trevor & Judy - Tuesday (may arrive Monday)

MarSha - Mark & Sharon - Monday
terryway - Monday
gozomike - Mike - Monday

John W - John & Brenda - Monday
wendo55 - Wendy - Monday
Blossom - Shirley - Monday
Michael Gaylor - Michael & Audrey - Monday
Bessie600 - Penny - Monday
Bob Worsley - Bob - Monday

Itsmcb - Malcolm & Nicola - Thursday
Sprocket779 - Gary & Angela - Wednesday
Terry Sweet - Terry & Lesley - Friday
Dinosaur - Kev & Jo - Monday
stumpie - Tania & Stewart - Thursday
AC/DC - Andy & Donna - Monday

Kit44 - Chris - Monday
Willieboy - Ken & Margaret - Thursday
Hammie - Mary Ann - Monday
Sez Lez - Les & Jan - Monday
Centurian - Peter & Eileen - Monday
ChrissyW - Chris - Monday
Gents - John & Pam - Monday
Kannon Fodda - Rob - Monday
Ejaydee - Clare & Eddy - Monday
meanders - Robin & Hilary - Monday

AvalonAdventur - Andrew & Sharon - Monday
OG1 - Martin & Marlene - Monday
Hils and Glenns - Hilary & Glenn - Monday
Mike Warland - Mike
spongebob - Steve & Diane - Friday
Targetpaster - Bob & Jan - Wednesday
Neilfg - Neil & Jacqui - Monday
Steve Fun - Steve - Monday
tel1965 - Terry & Allison - Monday
Melian - Ian & Melinda - Thursday
Psychibird - Steve & Jayne - Monday
Daz n Tina - Daz & Tina - Monday
lone ranger - Chris & Anne - Monday
suavecarve - Jon and Paula - Monday
Yogibear - Graham & Sue - Monday
Jimbo99 - Jim & Carol - Monday

Arthur - Arthur - Monday
Old age travellers - Christine & Dave - Monday

Bossman Bluey

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Exp
6months
Hi Wombles
Now there is light at the end if the tunnel can I get back in ?

AvalonAdventur

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F A Class
Exp
Good morning from sunny Cornwall in lockdown on a beautiful site.
Avalon Adventurers, Sharon and Andrew can confirm that we have contacted Appletree and will be attending for the full 7 nights of the New Forest event.
See you all soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back