LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Wait until that little pooch brings is some grit on his paws John:D You stand on said grit/small stone and it goes into your nice soft cushion floor -after a year or so it will be full of pot marks and need replacing in a couple of years :oops:-I have found Vinyl plank flooring brilliant (y) nothing damages it,grit and small stones simply sweep out and it's easy to wash mucky marks off -only downside is it's not soft to walk on :LOL:
terry

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Wait until that little pooch brings is some grit on his paws John:D You stand on said grit/small stone and it goes into your nice soft cushion floor -after a year or so it will be full of pot marks and need replacing in a couple of years :oops:-I have found Vinyl plank flooring brilliant (y) nothing damages it,grit and small stones simply sweep out and it's easy to wash mucky marks off -only downside is it's not soft to walk on :LOL:
terry
Is it simple to fit Terry,,,,BUSBY,,,,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes very but it involves glue :D Simply scour top with stanley type knife and snap (y) It is ony 4 to 6 ins wide by 3 to 4 foot long per plank depending what you get -I have started to use Spay on glue to good effect instead of the spreadable evo stick contact stuff (y)
I also have a mate who is a contract floor layer and he gets me the odd box or two that is left over ;)(y)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hey! the Guy who`s doing my MOT, has one like that in his "shed".!!. Plus a Ferrett, a Willeys Jeep (Genuine not Ford). A huge Yank Wrecker, (my Favourite, runs on virtually anything!) and a Commer 3tonner! Oh and the shell of a "Firestreak".

Pete
A very nice eclectic collection PeteH.
We had 3 Ton Commers in Brunei (Borneo) In the 60's, they where used for the instrument technicians and had aircon, which we used to pop in and enjoy a bit of "cool".. I worked on the ferret scout cars we had in N. Ireland and taught the marines how to strip and rebuild the planetary system in the hubs, a real B@£$%^&d to do with about 400 plus needle rollers to assemble.. Such fun !!
Mitch.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I hear what you say Terry.. it is the best quality I could find but reckon it will still eventually fail..
Just measured it and it is 1/4" thick !
Having said that so would carpet and it is sure gonna be a lot easier to keep clean !!

Pics as promised.. Not even swept it out yet soooo..

vinyl1s.jpg

Even made a nice job of all the nooks and crannies

vinyl2s.jpg

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Looks great. Just the job. Hoping to do the same (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we bought our van the loose lay carpets were a bit tatty but the existing vinyl was OK. We binned the carpets and bought some rubber backed barrier mats, similar to these, in various sizes which stop must muck being trodden into the van. They are washable as well so easy to clean at home.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes.. We have a few of those around the house, but only had small one in the van, and even that now resides in the garage !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back