New File Added: Truck Satnav POI Files (2 Viewers)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Strange I can get acsi. Aires cci bored atlas working but not Archie's. it just doesn't show even though I've done the same ......time to scratch head

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Ok so for instance acsi in the user data poi folder has 4 files but Archie's only has 3. It's missing the .kst file ? Do u have 4 files for Archie's?

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Yes there are 4 files for Archies. There should be 4 files for each category of POI.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I can only see 2 files for Archies the .bmp and .kml files. Is that correct?

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I can only see 2 files for Archies the .bmp and .kml files. Is that correct?

When you have put those files in the correct folders in the satnav the other files will be created when you start the satnav next time.

John

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I think I know what may be happening but I'm off to bed for now. I think the Archie's Kemal file is big so nearly fills up the memory and then there isn't enough space to make the other files. I tried the caravan club cl list (also a big file) and this didn't work either.
Ill take a look tomorrow . I have an 8gb external mem card that's empty , wonder how I can put the pois on that ?.

Lunar man do u have yours running of the sd card?

Last edited:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have the same problem, I can see the acsi, bordatlas and aires but not the archies files although it shows in the POI file on the computer I cannot find it on the satnav after restarting it. Will try again later.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I'm also finding the memory problem frustrating.

One option is to move the unnecessary maps across to the SD card, this should free up some space, Windows CE will being taking a fair amount too.

Anybody changed the vehicle icon to a motorhome yet or downloaded some new voices?

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Lunar man do u have yours running of the sd card?

Yes I am running mine from the SD Card

Anybody changed the vehicle icon to a motorhome yet or downloaded some new voices?

I cannot find a Motorhome icon although I have nearly 200 others. Yes I have successfully loaded 2 TTS (Text to Speech) voices that enable spoken road names and speed and camera warnings

The total size of the satnav programs and data that I have ended up with is 3.57gb and will not fit on the internal memory without deleting unwanted maps.

John

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp

So I'm not with mine this weeken so can't play but if I can move everything to the sd card and run it from the then I assume I can have masses of poi files and all the maps as well as its 8 gb.

Is it easy to do Lunarman? Is it easy to do a instruction post on how to do it?

Many thanks for all your help

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008

So I'm not with mine this weeken so can't play but if I can move everything to the sd card and run it from the then I assume I can have masses of poi files and all the maps as well as its 8 gb.

Is it easy to do Lunarman? Is it easy to do a instruction post on how to do it?

Many thanks for all your help

I think I've worked it out .....

Using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, copy all files to you computer as a backup first.
Then all the files that are on the built in memory copy across to the SD card (this should just be the IGO9 folder and all contents).
Next copy the nng file from the SD card to the internal memory.
Finally delete the IGO9 folder from the internal memory.

You'll then need to change the Navi Path to the SD card - you'll be asked to do this the first time you try to navigate.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Latest news:

I think that the problems occurred because I used a mac to do the file transfers and deleting :Blush:.

I've now used the built-in Windows CE file manager to copy the IGO folder from the SD back to the internal memory and reset the navi path to internal, all's working fine. I'll give it a few days trial before setting the path back to the SD for further tests.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
To get the points to show on the map as you travel you need to set them in the satnav

From the "Navigation Menu" select "More" then "Settings" in the settings menu find "Map Settings" then find "Place Markers" select each category of marker you want to appear on the screen. :thumb:

Easy innit

John
sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm stuck,
have followed the above but cannot find my markers, thought they may have come under parking??
but the icon only show;s a (P) not the campercontact symbol
any ideas, @lunarman or anyone else that has done this,
many thanks in anticipation

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
if anyone makes a big mistake, my files for maps or full system are in the satnav resorces

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Assuming this is for the Nozatec satnav, @Al-Di, I've uploaded the Campercontact points as well as the BMP file for Campercontact (the blue and white NKC symbol) but I only get a blank blue balloon marker showing on the map - the same marker as for the Archies Campings points.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back