New Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
All very cosmetic but extra mpg is always good. At least we shouldn't have shed loads of recalls if the chassis is the same. My last Fiat shed had 17 recalls to the point of receiving a christmas card from the dealer. They hadn't a clue about how to repair anything but the coffee was always good and 3 tanks of free fuel helped.

OP
OP
Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
All very cosmetic but extra mpg is always good. At least we shouldn't have shed loads of recalls if the chassis is the same. My last Fiat shed had 17 recalls to the point of receiving a christmas card from the dealer. They hadn't a clue about how to repair anything but the coffee was always good and 3 tanks of free fuel helped.

That's the main reason why I go for Renault. Past performance of the Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot group in relation to Motorhome chassis problems has been dismal, with water leaks on the scuttle, reversing judders, so six years ago I went Renault, so pleased with the product that just had the latest Euro five model. The old one was well capable of 40 mpg with the aid of the chip box and that was on a 3.8 tonne low line chassis. The quoted figures are for the panel van probably lightly loaded.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Facelift: Additional cost to purchase?

Does anyone know how much more is added to the cost when a facelift model is released?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Chassis may be the same but it mentioned composite materials being used in the rear suspension. So plastic suspension made by Fiat.... A marriage made in heaven :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Chassis may be the same but it mentioned composite materials being used in the rear suspension. So plastic suspension made by Fiat.... A marriage made in heaven :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
OMG, can you imagine it eeeeek

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Whilst I agree, 'plastic' suspension sounds a bit dodgy on the face of it, it's the one area that disappoints on my existing van. Hopefully, the revised system will be a bit more compliant. Our van often feels like a cart at the back end. And I have the tyre pressures as low as is safe, commensurate with axle load. But it really can be rough at times and spoil an otherwise good ride quality.

Mike

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Heres the new Autotrail Tracker RS
autotrail tracker rs.JPG
RS.JPG

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The update looks quite good. Is that on the normal chassis or the camping chassis? Can't see the wider track..... We looked at the tracker but went the whole hog in the end and got something else. Cheers

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I must say they have done a very nice job of the exterior looks. If that made a reliable product then this would win. I must say in the early years we had an Autotrail, Chinook, Scout then a self destructing Commanche. Out of the three we had water ingress, poor electrics to the point of a fire, delamination and just to put some icing on the cake the cupboards parted company from the walls. All good fun but they were our least problematic motorhomes. The Bentley owned now has NEVER had a repair or fault in three years. I know they went bust but the product is as it should be, well built and reliable. It's surely not a lot to ask on a vehicle costing 50k plus.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the pics - I think that's the first coachbuilt I've seen on the new chassis.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I've seen quite a few new shape m/h in Belgium and down here in Austria, they don't half look ugly,very similar to new transit and I think that's ugly too.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
So what causes this reversing Judder,? Iv got a 2007 And it Judders!!

you need to speak to Fiat camper services, there was 2 mods dependent on how bad the judder was. its caused by a crap ration for reverse gear to save space and i dare say cost of the gearbox.

1 mod was to replace all the engine mountings, the other was to replace some bits in the gearbox.

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I used to have a Autotrail apache 700 and that had really bad reverse judder, I now have a new Bailey 750 and I've not noticed any judder when reversing!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
So what causes this reversing Judder,? Iv got a 2007 And it Judders!!
Mine is an '09 and it too juddered, at its worst when reversing up a hill. I informed Fiat two years ago and they' fixed' it for free. They fitted a stronger clutch, new engine mounting brackets and altered the gearing slightly and it has been fine since. I understand that the problem was the gearbox casing would not allow a large enough cog to reduce the speed enough to perform smoothly.

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
My Lunar Champ is built on a 2006 Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD and I have never noticed any juddering when reversing

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My Lunar Champ is built on a 2006 Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD and I have never noticed any juddering when reversing

If I understand correctly your and my van (see avatar pic<<) won't suffer with reverse judder. It's the face lifted on from end if 2006 and onwards. Same with the scuttle drain problem.

But..... Your front crossmember will rust faster than any BL car made in the late 70's, as will your oil pan. Front wheel bearings will rumble. Waste gate will stick. And the gear stick may drop off. So it's not all bad :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back